Little Marlin

pretty!
you should name him Tigger.

i dont know i just like that name.
tigger has stripes,he has a stripe.....
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #12 
RKbusy

Thanks for the comments, and name suggestions! I'm totally liking Osiris, "Manny" and I liked the sound of "Lahar", but I looked it up, and he's a cattle-god.

Hmmm.
And Osiris just reminds me of Egyptian mummy MVPs... (I played too many games as a kid).

I'm gonna see if calling him "Manny" clicks. I'm also considering "Pontus" (from Greek mythology I believe.)

And that comment about being "morally lesser" was meant to be funny. But... I'm gonna go back and edit it out. -edit here- For some reason, I can't go back and change it. -__- The
"EDIT" button's gone! So instead, I'll apologize to whoever felt it was an attack towards them! Didn't mean to insult anyone.

I've had that tank for a little over a month. I used water from my already cycled tank, let it run, and did a water change/test before putting the new guy in. There's no way I would risk any critter's life just cause I wanted to have a nice fish "sooner".

Sorry... I'm not savvy when it comes to fish abbreviations. Is "HM" Half Moon? If so, then yes, that's what he was labeled as at Big Al's

Last edited by RKbusy; 07-21-2010 at 12:01 AM.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

You only have 15-20 minutes to edit posts. After that the edit button magically disappears.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #14 
Maryrox247

omg! That is one heck of a butterfly HM! Lucky! How many gallons is that tank, it looks awesome! I would add some more sand though.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #15 
wallywestisthebest333

Well I think Mr. Gorgeous is an AWESOME name!!! =] Keep calling him that! =]

My sister would be SO jealous! She loves Dals and he's a halfmoon butterfly as well! D:
I'M jealous too! >.<

I agree with the plants thing! =] I LOVE plants! XD I love pretty colorful things! You picked great plants to start with! =] You have good taste! And I LOVE how the orange of the tank contrasts so nicely with his coloring! <3

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 07-21-2010 at 12:48 AM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #16 
WillowTree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKbusy View Post
Crazy person glued to the betta rack.
That made me laugh!

He is very pretty.
WillowTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #17 
RKbusy

Since I got this Tank second hand, I'm not positive how many gallons it is. I THINK 2 gals? I don't want to add more sand 1) because it took freaking FOREVER just to wash that much, and more importantly 2) I read that any more than 2 inches of sand will result in "dead spots" where there just is no aeration. From what I've researched, even with this much sand, I will need to take a chopstick and regularly poke holes in it to allow airflow.

Besides, although I think it would look better with more sand, I'd rather more water for Mr. Gorgeous Manny (it works!) to swim in.

@wallywest: Awww. Thanks for those wonderful comments. Although I don't think any of it was due to conscious planning! LOL. It just all happened to turn out well.

ANNNNNND... Gratuitous posting of more pictures. Just because he's awesome! ^_^

Starting on a bubble nest:

Unlike Drakon, Gorgeous Manny actually uses his hideout! o.O

And finally, I pic of Drakon's tank. Just so you can see the difference with MORE PLANTS! (OH how I love them!)

Drakon has a sort of Asian forest/garden thing going. I'm going for a ship-wrecked/beach theme with Gorgeous Manny. Any low-moderate light plants that would do well in a small tank you can suggest? That would look part of the theme? I was thinking banana plants... but they're high light. *sigh*

I think at this point, I've pretty much given in to my betta obsession. I've been dreaming about doing things with my empty 20 gallon.
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #18 
CodeRed

How about Teach? For Edward Teach? As in Blackbeard? As in the pirate? :P It would suit your shipwreck theme, though the name isn't exactly as "Tough" as you might like... Though if you explain the meaning, it might give him a respectful nod xD

If you want to stick with the pirate theme I thought of, here's some pirates, if Teach isn't tough enough xD

http://www.privateerdragons.com/pirates_famous1.html
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #19 
Astro277

lol his coloring is deffinatly blue butterfly. But he's either super delta or Halfmoon kinda hard to tell when he is not flairing.
Astro277 is offline   Reply With Quote