Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #1 
BettaBabyBoo

Lightbulb Free to a Local Home!

I have two fish tanks, heater included, one has a hood with a light, free to a good local home. The only catch is you have to take the fish in it!

So, the first one is Citrine, in a 3 gal, and it would include the gravel, the fake plants, the thermometer, and the heater, though it's a bit crappy:
Attached Images

BettaBabyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #2 
BettaBabyBoo

And that has this spunky guy, a multicolor butterfly delta. He flares at the slightest provocation, and I have a really soft spot for him. I got him because he wouldn't stop flaring at his neighbors.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #3 
BettaBabyBoo

Then there's this 2.5 gal minibow kit with, once again, heater and plants, etc. included. I usually keep a black cloth draped over the top since the heater isn't stellar, and it remains at a steady 80 that way.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #4 
BettaBabyBoo

And that's with this boy, Jade, a really interestingly colored CT. He's also pretty spunky, and younger than most.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #5 
BettaBabyBoo

And I'm in Northern VA.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #6 
Bailmint

Oh my God I'm in Northern VA too! I'll talk to my mom about it. She keeps saying no more fish, but I'll try to catch her in a good mood and tell her it's free xD.
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #7 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailmint View Post
Oh my God I'm in Northern VA too! I'll talk to my mom about it. She keeps saying no more fish, but I'll try to catch her in a good mood and tell her it's free xD.
Haha, yay! I have four lovely boys, but I just lost my first guy two days ago and it made me think I needed a bit of downsizing. It was really upsetting, I found him stuck in a hole I've since filled in, and he'd drowned, and. Ugh.

But yes! Absolutely free, all you have to do is pick it up. I'd drain the tanks and put them in their little travel cups. They're really sweet, and none are VTs. Very heavy flarers, which is another reason I need to rehome; my favorite guy started nipping his beautiful fins when the competition got too much
Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #8 
Bailmint

I'll try. For some reason I already fell in love with the first one xD. He reminds me so much of my Magnus, he looks a bit like him and their personalities are alike from what I read. I'm sorry about your loss btw.

How quick do you need them out? Because, if I can't get my mom to agree (But I promise I'll try my best!) I'd have to wait till August to get him. Because my mom is moving away with my sister in August and my dad already allowed me to get him, but my mom wears the pants in the family so I need to convince her xD.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #9 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailmint View Post
I'll try. For some reason I already fell in love with the first one xD. He reminds me so much of my Magnus, he looks a bit like him and their personalities are alike from what I read. I'm sorry about your loss btw.

How quick do you need them out? Because, if I can't get my mom to agree (But I promise I'll try my best!) I'd have to wait till August to get him. Because my mom is moving away with my sister in August and my dad already allowed me to get him, but my mom wears the pants in the family so I need to convince her xD.
There's not really a rush, haha. It's sort of a preemptive strike, since college will be here next year, and my family doesn't have a problem with my furry friends and their care will easy for a year when I'm gone... But I can't make them do 100% water changes on three tanks each week. I don't have a problem doing it, but, I'm weird lol

Yeah, actually the orange boy I got from Petco. They'd labelled him as the wrong tail type and crammed him in, but I was enchanted by how utterly fierce he was. I came back later in the day and snatched him up, there was no way I could resist
Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #10 
Bailmint

I'm about to go in the lions den and ask, I'm probably going to try to get one then get the other in august XD.