Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #41 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear View Post
Um...your last post totally confused me...Doing multiple water changes during a fish in cycle doesn't make cycling a tank impossible.

And doing a pure ammonia fishless cycle means there is no reason to do water changes unless you accidentally dose the ammonia too high, it should stay at 3-5.
notice that I said difficult not impossible. =]

Most people just get fed up with it, and call it impossible because it's difficult, they're impatient, they messed up, or they didn't have the right equipment (a filter).

What we've all been saying is that what you heard is wrong because it certainly IS POSSIBLE to cycle a 2 gallon. =] You just need a filter to do so because the beneficial bacteria need a place to live. =]

And yes I know that there's no reason to do water changes with the pure ammonia cycle unless you overdose. On a few threads I read on tropical fish forum and fishlore the users overdosed their tanks a few times and got frustrated because they messed up and had to do waterchanges. I guess I assumed that all people run into that. =/ That was wrong of me and I'm sorry I confused you. =[

My main point though is that it isn't impossible. I was just trying to explain to you why some people think it is or say it is. =]

You should go ahead and do a fish-less cycle if you have a filter for your tank.

It probably wont take long as the tank is so small.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #42 
sarbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
notice that I said difficult not impossible. =]

Most people just get fed up with it, and call it impossible because it's difficult, they're impatient, they messed up, or they didn't have the right equipment (a filter).

What we've all been saying is that what you heard is wrong because it certainly IS POSSIBLE to cycle a 2 gallon. =] You just need a filter to do so because the beneficial bacteria need a place to live. =]

And yes I know that there's no reason to do water changes with the pure ammonia cycle unless you overdose. On a few threads I read on tropical fish forum and fishlore the users overdosed their tanks a few times and got frustrated because they messed up and had to do waterchanges. I guess I assumed that all people run into that. =/ That was wrong of me and I'm sorry I confused you. =[

My main point though is that it isn't impossible. I was just trying to explain to you why some people think it is or say it is. =]

You should go ahead and do a fish-less cycle if you have a filter for your tank.

It probably wont take long as the tank is so small.
Maryrox247 said you "can't" cycle a tank that is less than 5 gallons and so I asked why. Then you said you don't think it's impossible to cycle a tank that small and so I asked why it wouldn't be possible, what would make it impossible. I'm just using the same words you all did. Also I'm NOT the one that "heard" wrong. I'm just the one asking you all to give facts when someone is asking for help instead of just giving bs answers that are untrue, which is clear given that Maryrox can't explain why and heard it from that smart pet shop employee
sarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #43 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear View Post
Maryrox247 said you "can't" cycle a tank that is less than 5 gallons and so I asked why. Then you said you don't think it's impossible to cycle a tank that small and so I asked why it wouldn't be possible, what would make it impossible. I'm just using the same words you all did. Also I'm NOT the one that "heard" wrong. I'm just the one asking you all to give facts when someone is asking for help instead of just giving bs answers that are untrue, which is clear given that Maryrox can't explain why and heard it from that smart pet shop employee
I didn't say you misheard. =/ I didn't even imply that. =[

You said in your post that what I said "confused" you because "making multiple water changes doesn't make cycling a tank impossible." I agree with that because I only said that doing multiple water changes makes cycling a smaller tank more difficult and makes it take longer.

I can't give an answer as to why it is impossible because it IS possible.

No one can give an answer as to why it is impossible when it IS possible.

The best I could do is give you my theory on why people might think it is impossible.

Which I did.

I think most people say or think it is impossible is because either they don't want to put the necessary effort into it OR they truly believe it is impossible.

If you believe something you often times do not question it. As illustrated by Maryrox247:

As you stated in Maryrox247's case they could have been given bad information. Often bad information has little to no science behind it or flawed science.

Maryrox247 stated what they believed to be correct information. I'm sure they didn't mean to be incorrect. Often no one does. If they were fed bad information then they were fed bad information. Not a big deal if they are corrected on it.

It seemed to me like Maryrox247 was tryin to help by telling you what they believed to be truth. It seemed like they wanted you to avoid a potentially dangerous mishap with your fish. Although we know that there is no dangerous mishap to be avoided at all if one is vigilant with their fish-in cycle or if one chooses to do a fishless cycle.

If you want FACTS as to why cycling a smaller tank is impossible there are none.

Cycling a small tank is completely possible and has been done several times as you already seem to know.
If you still want to know why Maryrox247 in particular (or anyone else with similar input) thinks it's impossible to cycle a 2 gallon why don't you directly ask them through PM?

Asking other people on this thread seems like it isn't working. =/ We can't give you the answers that they can.

Good luck with your fish, your cycle, and all of your other pets. =]

I'm sure everything will go well and beautifully in your 2 gallon and that your betta will be quite happy. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #44 
frogipoi

:confused: I am so confused
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote