Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #1 
Waldo183

New light causing reflection

Hello everyone,

I just got a new light that's much brighter than the previous one and is made for live plants cause I'd like to add some plants to my betta's aquarium... Well it seems that the new light is making my betta see his own reflection and now he keeps flaring at the glass and he's doing it quite often. I'm worried it will stress him out but I'd also like to continue use of the new light so I can grow plants. Any suggestions as to how to reduce to reflection? Thanks all!
Waldo183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #2 
vaygirl

You can try putting a lamp near the tank. When their light is on and it's dark around the outside of the tank, it's easier for them to see themselves, especially if they're in a corner or their tank backs up to a dark wall.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

You don't have to have the light on 24/7 for the plants.
That will stress out your betta more than his reflexion.
Turn the light on during the most bright time of day for a few hours and always keep off at night.
I personally don't turn on the lights at night unless I'm supervising the fish. I would hate for them to get too stressed out and bite their fins.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #4 
Waldo183

The light isn't on all the time it's on like an 8-10 hour shift... I just don't want him to flare for 8-10 hrs... And I'll try to lamp thing I was thinking maybe angling the light differently? Well see how that goes...
Waldo183 is offline   Reply With Quote