Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #1 
FireKidomaru

Angry Madness!

so frustrated right now.. so i went driving with my dad and we drove by a brand new petco.. we go in and he says "we arnt buying anything" so i accept and i run to the bettas i find an all red Crowntail! the perfect fish i was looking for! i asked my dad if i could buy him and he says "no you have enough" and i say i have my own money for everything and i have a coupon.. he still said no...then i go to a petstore in the mall (betta conditions are terrible) and i find another one! he was in good health and beautiful! i asked my mom and she said NO! ugh.... im really frustrated because im being on my best behavior and everything and yet they still say no
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #2 
frogipoi

BE EVIL!!
he he Don't worry, you willl get him one day.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #3 
JKfish

Sometimes, you just have to accept what your parents say. Don't expect instant gratification for being good. Try your best to be understanding, sometimes parents will get overwhelmed by pets, even though they aren't the ones taking care of them XD

If possible, in a few months, slowly start collecting the things you need for a tank. Maybe just one thing here and there, then one day, just look around for a good spot, and set the empty tank there. Chances are, if your parent's notice, unless they say something, they're already halfway to accepting the fact you're getting another fish. :)

If they do say something, just mention the fact that you have everything for a complete tank. If they ask you to move it, find another spot, and set it up there. Eventually, they're bound to accept the fact you've gotten another tank ready for another fish.

I'm sorry you couldn't get your dream fish when you saw him, but another one will pop up in your path again, when your parent's are willing to say yes to the fish. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #4 
FireKidomaru

ya i hope and the idea would work if they would even let me get a new tank and everything.. o well i guess
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #5 
Campbell

Haha, I remember how bad this use to frustrate me. I would always dream about getting my own car and going to the petstore and getting whatever I wanted. Now that I can drive I would rather save my money for clothes.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Show your parents that you are responsible. Make sure your other pets are well taken care of, that your schoolwork is done (I know it's summer right now:) lol and make sure you're getting any obligations you have around the house done.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #7 
vaygirl

God, we've all been there. Grit your teeth and do what you're supposed to do. Parents have a lot of reasons for doing things that may not make any sense to you. If I had any idea being an adult was not as fun as being a teen, I would've stayed your age. I mean, I can do what I want but that doesn't mean I can do what I want. And if that makes no sense then... there ya go! :D

You'll get another one! Hang in there!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote