Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #1 
BettaBoy84

Thumbs up Sorority Pictures

Hey All,

I have just created a new Betta Sorority and wanted to share the pics with everyone. I have added my Female Betta's just under an hour ago and they are all getting used to their new home.

I have introduced 7 females and 4 neon tetra's. Mix of fake and real plants and a small stone bottom with some larger black rocks. Added various places to hide, including cedar board to provide shade, budda statue with inside area, and a Harley Davidson bike lol. Also, there is a small heater providing 78-80f temp, and A 10 Gallon filter to keep oxygen in the water and help keep circulation.

I will keep everyone posted on the updates as the night and week go on, my camera battery died as I was taking Pics, So I will Add more of my betta fish as soon as its charged (lots of color, they almost look like males, red, bright blues and whites) Hope you enjoy the pics!

Betta Boy
Attached Images

BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

wow nice set up!!!

what about the tank tho? i dont mind, but you can only see their backs:) lol it still looks unique tho
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #3 
kuklachica

Welcome to the forum!!

Your sorority is very nice looking! It reminds me of a pond. Out of curiosity, do you have a cover for it? And how many gallons is it? Bettas LOVE to jump (I have one that jumps 3-4" when I feed him). I'd hate to see one of your girls jump out :(
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Welcome to the forum!!

Your sorority is very nice looking! It reminds me of a pond. Out of curiosity, do you have a cover for it? And how many gallons is it? Bettas LOVE to jump (I have one that jumps 3-4" when I feed him). I'd hate to see one of your girls jump out :(
true i agree and i love the way that it looks like a pond!! like kuklachica said
Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #5 
BettaBoy84

Talking A few More Pics

Thanks for the support, glad you it so far, everyone has relaxed a bit and disputes have stopped. I do have a lid, I will definitely make sure to make use of it when I am out or asleep.

Here are a few more pics. The bright blue fish is my fav, Maui. She gets picked on the most but is an AMAZING at hiding. I have to keep an eye on here as its only 2 Hours since they have been put in! The neon tetras are all now in a group (4) they hang out by the mirror in the corner, i think its because the feel they protray a larger group and intimidate others, well see.

I think I might add some rocks to the waterfall to lighten the splash, may make a waterfall cascade with some flat rocks. I will post the finished product tomorrow.

Let me know of any other ideas or info as well as posting your sorority pics too!
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #6 
FireKidomaru

they are beautiful! and i love your tank!
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

can you post pictures of your bettas?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #8 
doggipoi

Cool
doggipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #9 
Ajones108

I love the beautiful set-up! It's so original :)

Although I wonder... How many gallons is that tub? Standard sorority is at least 20 gallons with 4-7 females otherwise disputes start. And, are those plants plastic?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #10 
BettaBoy84

Thumbs up

Hey,

Your right about the size of the tank, it is a little small at just under 15 Gallons. It is long and does provide many spots for the fish to hide out and remain unseen. The

I am working on a 65 Gallon glass tank now, I am building a river tank and will have a 25 gallon sorority on one side land in the middle for a small (harmless) reptile, and a Male Betta tank on the remaining side. There will also be a range of land and aquatic plants.

As for my current tank, there are a mix of real and plastic aquarium plants. I will slowly be replacing the plastic with real over the next week.

Below is a picture of Maui and Nemo checking themselves out in the mirror with the neon tetras!

Thanks for the post.

Betta Boy
Attached Images

Tags
females, group tank, new bettas, sorority, tetras