Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #11 
Corrinafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiantNight View Post
On my door step.

Most people in my area know I run a fish rescue so I get a variety of species (including our favorite little bettas) just left on my step. No note or anything just there. The nice people at least put them in a proper container. The worst of them just leave them in a sandwich bag and hope it don't leak.
Wow... That happened to a friend of mine, fish were dropped at her door every month, she wasn't running a rescue though and sadly couldn't keep the fish. They all ended up at good homes At least they're not killing the fish or giving them to irresponsible owners. They're lucky to have you in the neighborhood
Corrinafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #12 
Corrinafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
This isn't unusual by any means, sadly ... but I found my VT Pi at the bottom of a shipment of 100 other bettas who were stuffed in tiny bags with dirty blue water. His water had halfway leaked out, and the other bettas at the bottom were bone dry and gone. I couldn't let the little guy suffer any more so I took a chance and got him out of there.

He was in shock a few days after but two weeks later he's gotten his health back, and is a pretty happy guy for being almost suffocated.
That's so sad He's s so lucky you found him.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #13 
PetMania

I've seen bettas placed in the dog section at a petstore. A rack of bettas outside. Some pretty unusual places.

@Ambiant- Wow! If people knew that I ran a rescue! I think I would have quite a few fish on my doorstep.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #14 
AmbiantNight

yeah it's something I'm a bit torn on. Right now I'm not advertising my address anywhere because I'm scared of the the over flow I might have. I want to help but I havn't built up enough tanks in my place yet. And everyone wants to drop of the fish but never it's equipment.... (sigh) Often I have to pay for the tank. Like in the situation a bit back that I was purchasing a tank for personal use and low and behold 4 giant fish. End to end almost 5ft of fish. And they were in a 50 gallon tank with a 40 gallon capacity filter. But to get them and rehome them I only paid $50. The largest of the fish went to a woman with a heated pond. She was so amazing and gave me two tanks in exchange for the fish.
AmbiantNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #15 
Corrinafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
I've seen bettas placed in the dog section at a petstore. A rack of bettas outside. Some pretty unusual places.

@Ambiant- Wow! If people knew that I ran a rescue! I think I would have quite a few fish on my doorstep.
Outside?! At least the dog sections inside haha. But thats pretty weird.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #16 
PetMania

Yep right outside. Even in rain, heat, and wind. Small, unheated cups.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #17 
Corrinafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Yep right outside. Even in rain, heat, and wind. Small, unheated cups.
Thats so sad How are people ok with doing that... makes me so mad.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #18 
PetMania

That's why I don't go to LPS too often around here. That's what a lot of LPS do around here.

Don't even get me started on the bettas in spare water dishes at California Pets,
Old 04-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #19 
PetMania

oops, double post
Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #20 
Lizz

was walking through walmart and found a pretty little female behind a box of cereal.
i couldn't buy her but i did say something to an employee and we put her back with the other bettas.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote