Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #11 
Tree

yeah that is the sad think about having CT. but they are SOOOO PRETTY!
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #12 
Sathori

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveyouhadyourteayet View Post
I had to go to Whole Foods, but it wasn't super hard to find.
That's good to hear, I'll have to check around.

Tree - Yeah, there are LOT of pretty CTs at my work right now, but I'm just off put by the fin curling. I love my Laxus, but his curled fins make me sad, and a tad grumpy xD
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #13 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathori View Post
That's good to hear, I'll have to check around.

Tree - Yeah, there are LOT of pretty CTs at my work right now, but I'm just off put by the fin curling. I love my Laxus, but his curled fins make me sad, and a tad grumpy xD

you must work at petsmart or petco?

I used to work at Petsmart and it was SO hard to stay away from the Bettas. XD

My next boy will be a half moon MG. What I would REALLY love to see is a Half moon dumbo ear Mustard gas. 8D do you think they exist?

Oh NVM, I looked it up! this is my dream betta! though I would want a little more black at the tips on the fins and a darker yellow.

Last edited by Tree; 04-20-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #14 
nel3

my water is also very hard. I do use tap water for the fish along side IAL and some 2ppm sediment water to cut the hardness down. this low ppm water has almost no sediment or minerals. I wouldn't say its distilled but its very close to it. I cant really rely on 100 soft water or its alternative but my current situation works well. the fins may not regrow back 100% but they wont curl once they get used to the softened water.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #15 
IXOYE

I was doing very frequent water changes for a 2 gal, then a 5 gal- very frequent- and saw the curled fins too. But not now, not in the cycled 20 gal. (with @ 25% weekly water change). Not sure why, but I just realized I hadn't seen that like I normally do... wonder if that problem is solved with the cycle... not sure..... Interesting....
IXOYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #16 
Sathori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
you must work at petsmart or petco?

I used to work at Petsmart and it was SO hard to stay away from the Bettas. XD

My next boy will be a half moon MG. What I would REALLY love to see is a Half moon dumbo ear Mustard gas. 8D do you think they exist?

Oh NVM, I looked it up! this is my dream betta! though I would want a little more black at the tips on the fins and a darker yellow.
Pet Valu actually :P the store normally doesn't carry bettas, but we found someone in BC who sells them to us outside of our company. I am in Manitoba, so we have to get them flown over, but people keep demanding for bettas, so we continue to order them. I make the orders for our store, and I usually come home with a betta every new shipment xD Or in this last case, I ordered myself some habrosus corydoras. I set up a brand new 10 gallon for them xD

BUT my dream is either a dark blue dumbo ear with white fins, or a sky blue dumbo ear. HMPK preferred, but I'd take a HM as well. :P I saw this adorable little girl that I REALLY wanted on Aquabid, but alas, I didn't have the money for her at the time. I contacted the seller about her and didn't get a response :(

My supplier has been out of dumbo ears for MONTHS now, but has them this week. We don't place the order until next week :( So I emailed them asking if they would hold one for me xD
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #17 
Sathori

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXOYE View Post
I was doing very frequent water changes for a 2 gal, then a 5 gal- very frequent- and saw the curled fins too. But not now, not in the cycled 20 gal. (with @ 25% weekly water change). Not sure why, but I just realized I hadn't seen that like I normally do... wonder if that problem is solved with the cycle... not sure..... Interesting....
Iiiiiinteresting... Were your other two smaller tanks cycled?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #18 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathori View Post
Pet Valu actually :P the store normally doesn't carry bettas, but we found someone in BC who sells them to us outside of our company. I am in Manitoba, so we have to get them flown over, but people keep demanding for bettas, so we continue to order them. I make the orders for our store, and I usually come home with a betta every new shipment xD Or in this last case, I ordered myself some habrosus corydoras. I set up a brand new 10 gallon for them xD

BUT my dream is either a dark blue dumbo ear with white fins, or a sky blue dumbo ear. HMPK preferred, but I'd take a HM as well. :P I saw this adorable little girl that I REALLY wanted on Aquabid, but alas, I didn't have the money for her at the time. I contacted the seller about her and didn't get a response :(

My supplier has been out of dumbo ears for MONTHS now, but has them this week. We don't place the order until next week :( So I emailed them asking if they would hold one for me xD

Ah, I see. =)

Oh my that would be a pretty EE betta! 8D would there be a way for me to have a betta shop near me find me a HMEEMG?<--- (man LOL) I might call them and ask in the future if that is possible.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:55 PM   #19 
Sathori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Ah, I see. =)

Oh my that would be a pretty EE betta! 8D would there be a way for me to have a betta shop near me find me a HMEEMG?<--- (man LOL) I might call them and ask in the future if that is possible.
I find the biggest problem with specific special orders, it's usually a longer wait because it always depends on what the supplier for the store has in stock. The less specific you are, the more likely they have it in stock, so I can see a HMEEMG (holy crap xD) being a tad difficult to find.

I have a hard enough time finding a EE on Aquabid that is NOT a salamander coloration, nevermind something in store... :/ But I have my hopes up a bit high since our supplier's website shows a sky/pastel blue EE in their photos.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #20 
Luimeril

i've heard sunlight helps... but i'm not sure how well it helps. my water's very hard, too, and just DESTROYS CT's fins, so i just...
don't get them. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote