Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #70211 
PetMania

That is me. Yeah, I'm preparing for a fish club and auction meeting in the next couple of months. That means i need to have a tank up and running just in case. Man, you can get some really nice stuff for dirt cheap. I've heard of BN plecos (what I'm looking for) go for $1 each for 3 inchers. Glad I found a Southern Cali forum community in which I can participate in meetings. Wondering if I should go to the killifish meeting in Los Angeles next month, Hmm...

I'll be organizing my breeding project to fit with this, so hopefully all goes well and maybe I might be able to auction off some things in the future. <sigh> 4 years and I still feel like a beginner.

^Sorry for the long post
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #70212 
LittleBettaFish

You should go the killifish meeting if you are interested in getting into them. I've really only dipped my toe in the killifish world. Some of those breeders who have been in the game for ages are fountains of knowledge. There are all sorts of 'rules' in regards to naming killifish species correctly, and with these lesser kept fish, networking is always useful as it puts you in contact with breeders and keepers.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #70213 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
You should go the killifish meeting if you are interested in getting into them. I've really only dipped my toe in the killifish world. Some of those breeders who have been in the game for ages are fountains of knowledge. There are all sorts of 'rules' in regards to naming killifish species correctly, and with these lesser kept fish, networking is always useful as it puts you in contact with breeders and keepers.
That's a perfect example of how I see my experiences "Only dipped my toe in". Yeah, I want to start off with Golden wonder killis, and I know that Ron is going to be there to talk about them since he is a killifish expert. I'll put that event on my calendar and see if I'll be able to make it.

I bet there's going to be an auction there. *Stares at wallet* sigh lol
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #70214 
amphirion

Randomized topic-- generally I'm good at reading people-- unless they're attracted to me, to which I'm totally oblivious. I basically need to be beaten over the head for it to register---or months later. So question, if a random individual stops you while you're walking across the street, tries to engage in a conversation with you, and gives you a business card, how would you interpret that interaction? Just curious....
amphirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #70215 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Random individual? Most likely attracted, I would say. In the end you were there and you met the person- you have to analyze the situation and think what was most likely.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #70216 
amphirion

It'll probably register in a month or so....
amphirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #70217 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #70218 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #70219 
FishyFishy89

Anyone know where to get those fake fish? I am making Kitty her own fish tank to drink out of.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #70220 
16kehresmann

I wish I could find someone who bred VT'S. .. that would be wonderful.
16kehresmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese