Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #21 
frogipoi

Here is a comment
"I have seen good and bad pet stores but I want to see more good then bad. Please let bettas have more space, like a 1/2 gallon tank. Also I wish they be fed natural betta pellets not bread. Water should be cleaned more, so the bettas can be happier. My pet smart does a good job so let's make it even better. You will save money and earn more money if you do this and research. " I have kept bettas less then a year.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #22 
JKfish

*note* try to keep it reasonable, it'd be rediculous to ask petsmart to keep their betta's in half gallon tanks, and if I asked that of the CEO, he'd probably think me a joke, and stop reading the letter :P
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #23 
frogipoi

"half gallon tanks are easier to clean and make the betta happier. This will make the shopper look at it and say "Wow, I want one". Researching can help customers and the fish so they buy the right stuff and you get praised. See? You will get more money, look professional, and save money. Don't you agree?"
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #24 
JKfish

No. Froggie, 1/2 gallons take waaaay too much space up, and cleaning them adds up too much water. I'm thinking this way because it is a buisness way of thinking. Smaller cups are space efficient, water effient, etc. The betta's won't thrive, but they'll be alright in there until they are bought. Though I'd like it to be that way, it wouldn't work for the Petsmart, so they wouldn't do it. So long as there are guidelines to keep all cups clean (maybe cleaning them 1-2 times a day and feeding them 1-2 times a day) and the fish are healthy, I'd be happy, because it'd be a massive improvement over dead fish rotting in cups.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart changes the water in the cups twice a week.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 AM   #26 
rockstarbettas

The petco near me has beautiful bettas that I have bought with great sucess. Petsmart has some too but they usually only have red/blue. The other petco/petsmart stores here have crappy bettas and its because they leave them in that water without feeding them. iwas just in today and found 12 dead bettas in jars. no one seemed to care. its really sad.
rockstarbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #27 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Actually I beg to differ. I actually learned that there is a tiny itty bitty tank with plants in them in most Petsmart stores near me, they are just extremely hard to find. They even sell the marimo balls in most of the fish tanks at are about an inch and a half in width.. :P not that is's anything to brag about.

Yeah but thats the petsmart around you, I live in a big town. I can drive 10 - 15 minutes and there's 3 petsmarts, depending on which direction i want to go. Theres 2 petcos, theres 2 petsupermarkets, and then my buddies pet store where i can get all the stuff half the price of petsmarts and petcos...
Anyway the pet supermarkets are okay, the petco are awesome they have the big planted tanks and salt water tanks. Then the petsmarts are okay they dont have as much as most of the other stores, they only sell plants in them tubes, they have the moss balls inside of there fish tanks but nothing like are petcos, huge planted tank section and salt water sections...

And then we got the awesome saltwater stores around me, they sell some fresh water and have planted tanks. But there high end stores and have any kind of salt water fish there is...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote