Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #11 
Waldo183

Thank you so much for your very helpful post! I'm so glad that there are wonderful people out there to help with our fish crisis.

Random Fish : Kogi is short for Moulkogi (sp?) which is fish in Korean. My boyfriend is half Korean and I like making him name things in Korean for me and when I heard Kogi I knew it was perfect! :D
Waldo183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #12 
JKfish

When you feed Kogi, make sure you soak the pellets completely before feeding him so that the pellets don't expand in his stomach.

P.S: kogi almost just means "Meat" in korean :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #13 
Waldo183

normally he just eats them right out of the packet, does it need to be soaked now because he's hurt?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #14 
JKfish

Well, in general, feeding even healthy bettas dry pellets is bad. When they eat them dry, the pellets expand in their stomach, which could cause constipation or bloating. It only takes a few minutes in a small bowl with a tiny bit of tank water for the pellets to fully expand so that even the center is mushy. you'll be surprised by how huge they get, but the bettas should still be able to eat them whole. If not you can cut in in half with your nail or something.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #15 
Waldo183

Yeah I'll be sure to do that I'm trying to see if he'll eat now but he's ignoring it. He's still really active even though the poor thing has hardly any fins. I'm scared about how little are left but my boyfriend keeps assuring me that if he's swimming then hes ok for now. Thanks for all the advice!

-N.G.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #16 
kimotion

"mulkogi" is fish in Korean. "Mul" is water, "Kogi" is meat, so the literal translation is "water meat."
kimotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:18 AM   #17 
Waldo183

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimotion View Post
"mulkogi" is fish in Korean. "Mul" is water, "Kogi" is meat, so the literal translation is "water meat."

True fact... Thanks to everyone for helping my girlfriend... Kogi seems to be doing better and I think he is finally making an up turn for the better...

As for the Korean it seems most meats are said "whatever meat" plus kogi... And there's your Korean lesson for the day!