Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #21 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathayvet View Post
Just a thought, you could also produce unpainted versions for people to paint on their own. Paint Your Own Betta Kit
I've thought about this, actually! The only thing is that they aren't really easy to paint at all. If someone wanted to give it a go I'm more than happy to let them, but I don't think I'd make it a main-stay in my Etsy shop, certainly not without letting them know before-hand what it entails ._.

I use my copic markers to color them, since painting didn't work very well. It can be done, it's just really difficult.

If I made them out of a white polymer clay, I think it would work far better; then, painting would be easy. I've also thought about aside from them decorating their own betta, that I could do little kits on making a little diorama like how I do my bowl-fishies. Of course they could always find the things to make their own around the house, too.
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #22 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowheadShark View Post
Will do! I'm looking at opening it late June, after I'm out of school and have some time to pre-make some fishies up to fill my shop with color and variety.
If you need a logo or anything for your shop, let me know. The fish are so cute!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #23 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinthebetta View Post
If you need a logo or anything for your shop, let me know. The fish are so cute!
I've actually been sketching logo ideas and shop-name ideas. I'm leaning towards 'Mira's Hatchery,' since I'll mainly be doing animal-related things such as the fish sculptures, dragons, horses, etc. I also do some painting, but my main medium typically is marker/pencil/pen/ink.

I think the hardest part is choosing the name, since it represents so much of the content in the shop, even if it can be vague and still be successful... once you've established yourself in the market, at least.

Arrowhead's hatchery, too, but that sounds less appealing to me, I think. I'm not sure xD'' Arrowhead's Hatchery... well, it makes sense deriving it from my forum name here, but hrrrmmm.

Do you have any suggestions?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #24 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowheadShark View Post
I've actually been sketching logo ideas and shop-name ideas. I'm leaning towards 'Mira's Hatchery,' since I'll mainly be doing animal-related things such as the fish sculptures, dragons, horses, etc. I also do some painting, but my main medium typically is marker/pencil/pen/ink.

I think the hardest part is choosing the name, since it represents so much of the content in the shop, even if it can be vague and still be successful... once you've established yourself in the market, at least.

Arrowhead's hatchery, too, but that sounds less appealing to me, I think. I'm not sure xD'' Arrowhead's Hatchery... well, it makes sense deriving it from my forum name here, but hrrrmmm.

Do you have any suggestions?
Maybe Mira's Zoo? Or Mira's Menagerie?
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #25 
haveyouhadyourteayet

Everyone loves alliteration.
haveyouhadyourteayet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #26 
Pippin

THey are beautiful If you do sell them, I might have to save up and get one.

Last edited by Pippin; 04-23-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #27 
SerenasFishys

wow! amazing :)
SerenasFishys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #28 
ArrowheadShark

Well, I have been getting progress on what I need to do to ship these guys. I haven't checked out all of the shipping services yet, but I don't fancy shipping USPS... too many issues in the past with them for comfort ^~^'' Eh heh.

For those wanting to save up and get a fishy; I'm shooting for late June to be when I open my Etsy shop for business.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #29 
ArrowheadShark

Hey guys! Just a quick update for all of ya; I plan on opening the Etsy shop within the end of the month! I'm thinking next week or so... I'm working on making some items to put in the shop so it's stocked with some items. I'll have bracelets and several finished betta fish sculptures. Commissions will be available on a first come, first serve basis.

I will say that shipping and handling will be a little more than what the shipping price is, because I have to spend careful time making a shipping package for each individual fish. I think I spent about an hour packaging Alisha221's fish, I can't wait to hear what she thinks of her fishy!

As mentioned before, I will make a new post in the sale's section with more details on pricing and such.

Ah, almost forgot to add!: The name of the shop is BubblyBettaHatchery ;P So it'll show up in Etsy's search from that once it's open!

Last edited by ArrowheadShark; 06-20-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 06-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #30 
CasGer

These are really beautiful, I can't wait to see your shop once it opens! I've dabbled in sculpting a bit in the past and very recently I've started again, so perhaps the two of us can share tips and tricks! Keep on keepin' on.
CasGer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
art, artwork, betta, clay, sculpture