Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #21 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFish View Post
Hi Jackie,

First off, your post is so informative! That's appreciated.

I think Gracie is malnutritioned. It probably isn't ammonia burn because your daughter keeps him supplied with bottled water.....which doesn't have ammonia, but also does not contain the minerals that tap water has.

Is he still being fed flakes? Some good quality pellets are:

- Atison's
- Omega One Betta Buffet
- New Life Spectrum

If you're comfortable with PM-ing me your address, I'd be happy to mail you some New Life Spectrum Growth formula pellets free of charge. The pellets are tiny and are 50% protein.....and the jar I got is so huge that all my bettas altogether will never be able to get through half of it.
RandomFish, just wondering - do you feed the NLS Growth Formula exclusively as they suggest, or do you give them a varied diet?

Thanks!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:19 AM   #22 
LoveSGSE

Hi! You could try to feed him blood worms. And you must have a water conditioner. Since you have a 1g bowl, I'd roughly drop 4 drops of water conditioner. You also have to age the water for at least a day. Change 100% water every 3 days. Also get a heater. Feed him 2 pellets/food every 2 days. If the food is too big, break it up. Remember to wash your tank with Hot water whenever you are changing water. Wash gravels and any other things thoroughly. Especially the corners of the tank. A few live plants will help. That's all I can help. Good luck. Cheers!
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #23 
Aven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSGSE View Post
Hi! You could try to feed him blood worms. And you must have a water conditioner. Since you have a 1g bowl, I'd roughly drop 4 drops of water conditioner. You also have to age the water for at least a day. Change 100% water every 3 days. Also get a heater. Feed him 2 pellets/food every 2 days. If the food is too big, break it up. Remember to wash your tank with Hot water whenever you are changing water. Wash gravels and any other things thoroughly. Especially the corners of the tank. A few live plants will help. That's all I can help. Good luck. Cheers!
If you have water conditioner I thought you only needed to let the water sit for a few minutes.
Aven is offline   Reply With Quote