Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #1 
vaygirl

Is frozen food making Tango crazy?

You guys know that he's lived peacefully with his corys for a year and half now. Lately he's been chasing them A LOT. I'm wondering if switching his diet to frozen bloodworms has made him more aggressive. He built this sad, sad little bubblenest (it's like an inch long Lol!) and he's been guarding it and flaring all day. If he sees a cory he goes after it. He doesn't bite them, their fins are perfect and they don't have a mark on them. They don't seem upset either, they go right back to what they were doing. If I switch him back to Atison's do you think he'll calm down a bit? He always chased them, just not this often. I don't really want to pull him or them out of their home.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #2 
Welsh

Maybe its just old age, I hear people get more aggressive and grumpy with age

Why don't you try changing his food back just for some piece of mind and if his behaviour still persists...... you may need another fish tank
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #3 
vaygirl

I was thinking that too. Old grumpiness. Lol! I think I will switch him back to pellets. You should see the weeny bubblenest he's guarding. It's made of like... 15 bubbles and you'd think it was a masterpiece the way he's lording over it. Everyone gets a two hour lights off in the middle of the day so the corys are having some peace right now. :)

I was already looking into a new tank. I don't want to go too small for him. He's been used to all that space for a long time now. I'm considering another Eclipse 6 or a Ten gallon kit like Kilo's.

I also considered switching him and Kilo around. Kilo's a big wuss. But he's also much bigger and if he did turn out to be more aggressive, he'd tear my male corys up. They're tiny. The girls are as big as Tango. I certainly don't want to see anyone hurt.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #4 
Welsh

Nah, don't switch just get another 10 gallon That is always the answer
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #5 
vaygirl

I'm not sure I can fit a 10. :/ I mean, I could fit a 10 up in my bedroom but he'd never see anyone up there and I'd miss him. I could fit a 6 in my kitchen, next to Kilo. We don't use that counter for much anyway and Kilo's takes up half of it. Gah! I don't know what to do. Lol! Can't he just STOP chasing his tankmates? I watched the big female cory swim up to him and nibble on his tail. I think they're out for revenge. :P
Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a lot of grumpy old people in my neighborhood. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Lol! He seems a bit better today. Everyone else got bloodworms. He got Atison's. His nest is actually TWO whole inches long today. He has no idea it's tiny. He's very proud. I put two ping pong balls in too, to give him something else to do and of course, he's not interested. :P