Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #11 
Lion Mom

I believe Wisteria needs medium light?

If you go here:

http://plantedaquariumscentral.com/

you will be able to find quite a number of low light plants. Heather is a great gal that answers questions, ships in a timely manner, packs well and has VERY nice plants (just got two more from her today). :)

I have moss balls in most of my tanks - low light is fine, but they don't seem to really grow. Kinda cool looking though, IMO.

As far as dust & such in tanks - I forgot to mention that I also have a parakeet & 3 parrots that all get out of cage time (all have clipped wings) so I am pretty darn confident that besides just regular household dust in the tanks there is most likely also a good amount of feather dust. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #12 
Ajones108

Thanks so much, Lion Mom and Adastra. :) The moss balls DO look cool, as long as they aren't harmful I was thinking about getting one :p I'll be purchasing all my plants through petsmart if this little plant grows. It seems healthy so we'll see how things go. :) I'm getting a TON of financial aid money in soon though so I hope I get everything I need for fish before then. I spoil my pets. Haha.

He's only in a 2.5 gallon so I don't want to over clutter the tank or kill plants from lack of nutrients. I hope they have some of that Seachem stuff at the store. How many plants is too many?
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #13 
Lion Mom

I don't know how many are too many - maybe when your boy can't move? LOL!!!

It's good to spoil pets, IMO. Heck, I have had people tell me that when they die they want to come back as one of my pets!!!! :)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #14 
wallywestisthebest333

You can't really have too many I don't think... although I'm sure your boy would appreciate it if you gave him room to move. =P If you cover about 80-90% of the tank with plants then you don't have to cycle it. =]

If you do that though you'll need an enhanced substrate, at least 1 watt per gallon, and some liquid fertilizer I think. =]

I'm gonna seriously try my hand at a planted tank when I get back to college and in my apartment! =] I have 3 amazon swords growing in a 1 gallon jar by a window for now while I wait on my 5 gallon to de-bleach. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #15 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
It's good to spoil pets, IMO. Heck, I have had people tell me that when they die they want to come back as one of my pets!!!! :)
Heck it sounds like your guys are living large! ;] Think I'd like to come back as one of your pets too If I die young. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #16 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Heck it sounds like your guys are living large! ;] Think I'd like to come back as one of your pets too If I die young. =]
Yeah, my husband claims they eat better than we do, but I don't think that's so.