Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #11 
Little Marlin

I think my limit would be about 15 bettas. Like CodeRed had said, I would hate to see myself losing the connection with my bettas.
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #12 
Drift

I would like to say 4-5 is my limit. I work full time and am debating the idea of going to school or get a 2nd job part time. So with that in mind I don't want to get to the point where if I had 10 Betta's I would be neglecting them. Once all my tanks are well established I might move onto getting another tank set up.
I have 1 10 gallon split and a second 10 gallon that I just finished setting up, and 2.5 gallons. All easily managed right now. So 6 could easily fit into my schedule and be well loved. :)
Now my boyfriend's opinion is 2. Ahahaha. >:D
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #13 
choob99

I have to agree I don't want to loose touch with the personalities either. That being said, I'm at my limit now of 18. Only because of those 18, 8 are males and EACH has their own 10 gallon tank. the females are in a sorority tank, that is my avatar pic, its a 40 gallon breeder tank, and heavily planted, with some big decorations they can hide in as well. Also I each of the 10 gallon tanks have plants in them as well as decorations and toys etc. I also take care of a 29 gallon tall take that is FILLED with plants, as I grow the plants in there and then take them out to replace plants in all my other tanks. I have lights on all my betta tanks and specail plant lights and a CO2 system on the plant tank, all of this is a ton to take care of, not to mention when there is breeding going on that is an extra tank and of course the fry themselves to take care of! But I love it all and wouldn't trade the experience for the world
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #14 
FloridaBettas239

There Is never to many if you have the money and resorces an time on your hands. I will tell you one thing that let's me house so many bettas, without it being a full time job without having a bunch of divided tanks a bunch of sponge filter or filters period, and it saves money on the electric bill is the drip system it is so nice. You only have to change the sump tank every week or 2 weeks plus the bettas have fresh water 24/7
Its all around the way to go. And the containers are 1.5 gal which even if you don't build the drip system, you can buy them 1.5 gal containers at target with lids there 5 for 5 dollars, it's them sterlite containers. So for 1 dollar you can have a 1.5 gal for your bettas. Even if you use them as a hospital tank, it's still a great bag for the buck.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had 11 but it got to be too much while I was taking care of my mother after her surgery. I have 9 now but I may not get any more until a couple of them die.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #16 
Fermin

2 bettas at a time.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #17 
Alex09

I think my limit would be... 1 Betta. Lol.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote