Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #1 
PeiMai

Why are people so dumb

I'm new here but jeez these people are lucky enough to have fairly healthy bettas and do the dumbest, cruelest things to them check on youtube some time.
PeiMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #2 
vilmarisv

Oh yeah. Have seen a few very dumb videos. Specially like the betta tank set-up ones. Only saw one that was acceptable although it didn't talk about maintenance.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #3 
Wildfire

Honestly, someone asked me why the heck I was spending so much money on one fish. I was like, hello? He's a living creature, he deserves to be respected. And the lady told me that they used to live in shallow muddy puddles, so it doesn't matter. First of all, that's not even true. Second of all, they have been bred so far from their native ancestors that it doesn't even matter. And third of all, I explained to her:
Say, you adopt a poor child from the streets of some slum. The kid is used to digging up garbage and eating very, very little. He's used to sleeping outside with little clothing and sitting in his own filth.
Well, since the kid is used to living in such conditions, once you adopt him, it doesn't matter what his living conditions are, because he's obviously quite hardy and can survive through anything.

Honestly, what is wrong with people? I mean, I didn't know anything about bettas before, I didn't know about the heater or filter or size of the tank. I bought him a 1/2 gallon tank, but then I had the common decency to research about them and got him a 2 gallon tank, with the works. Finding out that some people even buy THESE kinds of "tanks" for their fish made me rage so hard:

I don't even.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #4 
PeiMai

I was talking more about the kids sticking two males in a cup and watching them go...or at least hoping they would with a female in there.
And I have to say the one of the betta Bullying a cichlid kind of made me proud :)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #5 
Wildfire

Yeah, I've seen that. -shakes head- Dumb people.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #6 
LoveSGSE

Yeah, I hope I can sue them for animal abuse
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #7 
bloo97

Quote:
Honestly, what is wrong with people? I mean, I didn't know anything about bettas before, I didn't know about the heater or filter or size of the tank. I bought him a 1/2 gallon tank, but then I had the common decency to research about them and got him a 2 gallon tank, with the works. Finding out that some people even buy THESE kinds of "tanks" for their fish made me rage so hard:

I don't even.
0_o
That is almost sick.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #8 
weluvbettas

how do you even get the betta in that thing?
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #9 
PeiMai

More importantly how do you get them out when they eventually die...my experience with a 1/2 gal was fatal I can't imagine what the mortality rate is with these.

"They like it. They live in puddles in the wild like 6 cm deep' ~~Extraordinarily stupid person
Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #10 
newfiedragon

My favourite is the 'betta kit'.

You can buy them pretty much anywhere. But if you buy that specific size tank (0.5g) by itself, down at the bottom of the label it says something like 'for temporary home or for transportation only'. Yet they sell them for permanent homes for bettas in a kit!
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote