Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #1 
Drift

Question Plants and a few other questions.

So my split 10 gallon has some Java moss, Java Fern, Anubias, Hornwort, and Willow Leaf Hygrophila. Everything is growing just snazzy in there. I butchered my hornwort the other day though, but I figured it'll grow back on out.

So I set up my other 10 gallon for my new Betta Apollo. The store didn't have the Willow Leaf Hygrophila, so I bought Giant Temple Hygrophila instead and a small Anubias that I tied to a rock. My Giant Temple's are dropping their leaves like crazy and they're turning yellow and brown, but they're sprouting some awesome roots. :(

The same tank I have also noticed has some bubble's collecting at the top. If I had a betta in there I would say it's a bubblenest, but it's not. I scooped them out the best I could and most of it went away.
Do you think soap could have gotten in there? Or is it from something else.

Please note both of these tanks have the same exact lighting all bought within the past 2 weeks, filters, and the same water temperature 80 degrees.

Should I chuck them and get the Willow Leaf instead since it grows well in my other tank?
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote