Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #1 
CodeRed

Rant thread

Need to rant? Post it here :P

A nice, clean place to put down your rant of the day. Whether it's simply because you forgot your keys in an old pair of jeans, or because someone at home REALLY REALLY bothered you, it has a home here. I think we should keep it non-bettafish related, though, so to avoid problems here in the forum. AKA, don't rant about something happening in another thread (; Feel free to rant about your bettas in general, just not the forum :P

For me, I'm simply tired of my stepdad. Everything he does and says is meant as a put down to somebody, be it me, my mom, or my brother. Never his son, though. Whatever. He was supposed to leave this week for vacation, but it got canceled. Yay.
Also, school's starting and my homework is going slowly I have a week to read the Scarlet Letter. A good book, by the by. Shouldn't be hard, but I feel a bit rushed.
Last of all, Vali is flaring so much that he's ripped some holes in his fins >_< put in some cleaner water w/ some salt and a small dose of bettafix. I know a lot of people don't agree with it, but it's always worked wonders with me, so I don't want to be told about how horrible it is.

Let's see if this thread'll be a bust ^_^
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #2 
metalbetta

When I was a kid the only thing my step dad and I ever did was fight. I feel your pain, girl. lol...
Now that I'm out of the house and we don't have to see eachother every day our relationship has gotten a lot more tame. It's nice. :)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #3 
bloo97

I am so mad at some people. Here is the usual conversation:

"Why are you so interested in betta fish? That is so wierd."

"Because they are awesome! They are jam packed with personalities...Etc."

"Your Wierd."

*Facepalm*

It's okay to lol at my rant. :P
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #4 
VioletTrauma

1)
i hate posting my latest work of art on my FB so the person i made it for can get it easily and have 20+ notifications saying "draw me arts, draw me, omg do me, ECT..." on the photo. and then have them bug me for it when im resting my eyes from staring at a laptop screen for an average of 4-5 hours. >>;;; please gimme a break between arts ~.~

2) i hate it when people judge me by my art name "Violet Intensiv Trauma" theres nothing weird about it. yes im dark yes im unique but nothings "Weird" about making an image for yourself under a unique name cuz honestly you cant mix me up with another person thanks to it D<

okay im done for now ^^;;;
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

FINANCIAL AID

need I say more?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #6 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
financial aid

Need i say more?
i agree 150%
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #7 
Sarada

A bear pooped on my steps and I had to clean it up.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #8 
metalbetta

Finally on break from work! GAH

Opened today, and the other host decided he didn't feel like showing up. I ended up having to cover his shift as well as my own. Double trouble. So there I was, by myself on a VERY BUSY morning at Applebee's... Almost went on a wait. I'm so tired. Luckily my managers rock and let me have a break before my second shift at 4.

I can only think of very few circumstances where a no call-no show would be acceptable. No longer being alive, being unconscious, in the hospital, or a serious family emergency. But even then, someone if not the employee should be able to notify work. I have a feeling that none of these happened to him. Jerk. Made a lot of money today though :)

Needed to get that off of my chest.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

I don't understand how not showing up isn't a fireable offense. There are PLENTY of people out there that need jobs that are more than willing to show up.. why waste your time on someone who doesn't have the common courtesy to call?

I agree.. unless you are dead/dieing, stranded on a dessert island, being held captive for ransom, or are in the hospital you had better call with a darned good excuse for not showing.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #10 
metalbetta

At my job you're limited to 3 no call-no shows... And I think that's even too much.

That's alright, when he does decide to show he never does his job, and when someone asks him to to do something he always WITHOUT FAIL has an attitude about it, so I don't think the management will keep him around much longer... Plus I get paid through tip share, which is split between the hosts... and since he wasn't there I made all of it today. ;)

Tags
bettathanyou