Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #1 
nel3

stunning dragon scale betta

i had my previous fish die somewhere around 48hrs ago and ive found a very nice replacement for him already. i managed to come in shortly after they unpacked a new shipment. the bags were on the table and they probably would've gone to the back store shelves until the display shelf had extra space. a worker might have even taken him home if i didnt get there first.

im not a big fan of dragon scaled bettas due the posibility the scales could impede vision later on in life. though i'll gladly accept that risk to own this betta. im not even sure of the color he'd be named but id guess orchid?? i think i'll name him Ryuk.

i think hes's a delta tail though the orchid color is my best guess. can anyone please confirm his coloring?
Attached Images

nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Won't know for sure until he colors up but he's certainly not Orchid, that requires him to be black with blue irid. He looks like a Turquoise at the moment with cellophane fins but time will tell.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #3 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Wow, he is beautiful, great find
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #4 
nel3

thank you very much Linaugrum. its only been 2 days since i got him so he's probably a bit faded from stress. i think he dorsal fin is filling in black a bit but i'll know better within 7 days. i think he'll start filling the cellophane with black to an extent. im guessing he'll be classified black cellophane dragon unless he gets any blue on his body?? his fins might turn turquoise but i have yet to see it. my 2 betta (DT CT turquoise) either had white or blue fins as the predominant color.

its probably the first betta i found locally with such colors. the chocolate bi colors come once in a while but more uncommon colors do show up. rare colors not so much though turquoise can come in bunches i at times.

Last edited by nel3; 05-10-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

His scales are not white which means he can't be classified as a [insert color] Dragon but rather a Turquoise Dragon because his scales are turquoise. You could only call him a Black Dragon if his fins were black and his scales were white, that's why I said he's turquoise.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #6 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
His scales are not white which means he can't be classified as a [insert color] Dragon but rather a Turquoise Dragon because his scales are turquoise. You could only call him a Black Dragon if his fins were black and his scales were white, that's why I said he's turquoise.
thank you very much for clearing up the turquoise term. i presumed the term was much like a pastel turquoise. im so used to seeing blue shine turquoise that i though the blue was a prerequisite for the term. he's the first betta i had a hard time to classify, the previous fish were rather obvious for their relatively simple coloring.

he's even starting to eat when i drop food for him. i gave him some Hikari micropellets, i doubt he'll eat flakes. lately my most recent ones avoid them unless they're willing to eat anything. i think only my female PK is left, she'll eat any sort of food.

Last edited by nel3; 05-11-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, flakes should mostly be avoided for Bettas if you can but I'm sure you know that.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #8 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yeah, flakes should mostly be avoided for Bettas if you can but I'm sure you know that.
the flakes are old, they were given to me from my friends when i got my 1g marine land tank.