Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #21 
prettylittlefishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Just remember that males can't share tanks with other bettas, unless they are divided.

You gotta love the first ones :) They jump-start the addiction (yes, it is an addiction!).
Yes - I know. Thanks though! Any name ideas? Something fit for a king, as he's a king betta. :p What's up with these bubblenests? Just making sure, it's a good thing right?
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #22 
kuklachica

Yes, it definitely a good thing. It's their natural mating instinct (they mate, then place the eggs in the nest). They make them when they are healthy and secure.

Lancelot :)
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #23 
Alex09

Yes bubblenests are good. It means he's happy and he's ready for mating. However, do NOT think about getting him a lady freind. Betta's are agressive towards their own species regardless of gender. Only experienced breeders can do this.
I also read that you bought a suction cup leaf. If it's this one I would advise you to remove it for your fish's safety.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #24 
prettylittlefishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Yes bubblenests are good. It means he's happy and he's ready for mating. However, do NOT think about getting him a lady freind. Betta's are agressive towards their own species regardless of gender. Only experienced breeders can do this. Should I clean i
I also read that you bought a suction cup leaf. If it's this one I would advise you to remove it for your fish's safety.
I don't plan on breeding, no girlfriend for him.

And THANK YOU! That's the one that I had. Phew. Good thing it was only in there for an hour.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #25 
Kokonoko

Get some pics up! I would loveto see your betta! ^_^ and Welcome to the forums, you seem very well set up. The only thing you need to catch up on is the process of cycling a tank (Nothing difficult to undrstand). Sorry, but I don't know how much live food they should be eating either =( I'd say its a touch and go situation? The general rule is to feed them (slowl) what they can handle ina minute or two. Take into consideration that its stumich is only about the size of its eye! =)

I think your lil' betta found an awesome owner! =)

Side Note: Also, make sure to change a percentage of the water out every few days (This prevents harmfull chemicals from building up in the tank) You should learn about this while reading about cycling though =)
Kokonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #26 
prettylittlefishy

Alright, thanks! :)
Old 08-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #27 
b3ttaf1sh

seems like you're first betta will be even better off than most seasoned betta owners ;)
b3ttaf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #28 
prettylittlefishy

Haha thanks. I'm taking equal care to my betta I rescued today at Petsmart. He's got two heads!!!! Once I move out of my apartment into my house, I'll have a spare room thats gonna be filled with bettas and Im going on an Aquabid.com auction spending spree! :D
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #29 
b3ttaf1sh

woah. two heads! does it swim different? and do the heads do different things at the same time? what color(s) does it have? that sounds really cool. could you post some pictures please? :)

Last edited by b3ttaf1sh; 08-12-2010 at 12:03 PM.
b3ttaf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote