Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #11 
Pixierella

Red face Good news for those concerned

Even though I had no real issues with having my females in the smaller tank if all goes well I will be the owner of a 20G tank with all the fixins by the end of the day. It will need to be cleaned and setup since it is a used tank and since it is a larger tank I'm going to run it for a bit until I feel it is ready for my girls so they will still be in the 5 for awhile but they are going to be getting a bigger home soon The other wonderful thing about having a bigger tank is that I can always rescue more girls I'm also going back to the pet store to get that poor sad little Black Orchid Male today, will post picks as soon as he's comfy in his new home
Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #12 
Adastra

I'm glad that you've decided to upgrade. You might want to do a fishless cycle on the tank before you put your girls in it because when one transfers a sorority, it's usually best to do it all at once. If you do a fishless cycle first, there will be enough bacteria to handle all your fish at the same time, otherwise you'll be doing water changes until your arms fall off trying to fight the ammonia and nitrite spikes. Luckily you have other tanks, so you can transfer some of the mulm and filter media you have into the new tank while you're feeding it with ammonia--if this is done right, your tank will be fully cycled in about a week.

Also, please remember that sometimes we all reach a point when we have to ask ourselves: "Am I helping, or am I hoarding?" I know how hard it is to pass up fish that look needy, but you need to draw the line before it gets to the point that getting more fish is a detriment to the fish you already have. Don't overstock this tank too, ok? :) You won't be helping your fish if you put them in overcrowded conditions.

Last edited by Adastra; 07-16-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #13 
frogipoi

How are the fishies now? Doing fine?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #14 
Pixierella

Cool Another Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogipoi View Post
How are the fishies now? Doing fine?
I went away for a week leaving the bf to feed the girls and unfortunately about a day and a half after I got back one of them died. Valentine. I think she might have just ate too much. It could have happened to me too so I know it wasn't from neglect on my bf's part. My male from Thailand is suppose to be here I would say probably tomorrow along with the cultures for live foods. Other than that everone seems to be doing alright.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #15 
Alex09

Alright, just dont add 10 more females to your 20 gallon. You dont want to overcrowd that one either. And in your pics i notices that some of your females looked very sickly (pics #2, 3 and 7) they were too thin. probably because of the overcrowding - and they were bullied alot.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #16 
Pixierella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
Alright, just dont add 10 more females to your 20 gallon. You dont want to overcrowd that one either. And in your pics i notices that some of your females looked very sickly (pics #2, 3 and 7) they were too thin. probably because of the overcrowding - and they were bullied alot.

All of my fish were healthy when the pics were taken
#2 is one of the largest and healthiest fish I have, #3 is also healthy, just a smaller fish. #7 has had some issues with constipation and overeating but is doing great now. She's healthy, just a smaller fish overall. She's been growing though. #4 is the one that recently died. I was away for a week so I'm not sure exactly what caused it. My bf was feeding them. I don't think it was anything he did wrong just that maybe she may have gotten too many pellets. She was perfectly healthy before I left. My new male from Thailand arrived today. He's a little stressed but doing alright and is already eating. When I called my transshipper to let him know he arrived and I told him how he was acting he said to put in aquarium salt and feed him and he should be fine.

Last edited by Pixierella; 08-12-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #17 
bettablaze

they look cool
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #18 
Oxitius

My Betta Fish

Sorry guys I just joined this community today and don't know how to post a thread and so I'm just going to explain my betta as everyone is doing it and would like so help please...

So...I just bought my dragon scale crown tail male betta yesterday (2/11/13 Sunday). It was very active and wasn't scare of me at all when I put my hand in the water and on the container. As I was preparing my 10 gallon tank for him and getting everything ready (the aquarium gravel/filter/heater/water (used dechlorinator)), I then put him and his container on the 10 gallon tank for 10 minutes to balance the temperature before releasing him. I didn't have any decoration or anything. He swam out okay and was still active. As I was putting my decoration in he was more active and was happy, but then... When I later put a big decoration in ( it was a big rock that was a aquarium decoration), I think it scared him... It might've hitted him idk but for sure the water push him to the side of the tank. Thats when I took it out. He then got scared and probably stressed out and was hiding behind one of my decoration and wasn't active anymore. He only went up for air but then he went back to the same place. I went to sleep and woke up scared that the decoration might've scratched him when he was hiding and stress/scared. He's not the same as when I got him. He won't eat anything and just come up for air and then act dead. Please I need help... I don't know what to do and and I don't want him to die... Help me please anyone.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #19 
fleetfish

You might want to start a new thread for this in Betta Chat or the Disease section. ;)
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #20 
Oxitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
You might want to start a new thread for this in Betta Chat or the Disease section. ;)
Thank you, will do sorry I didn't saw the new thread awhile ago and read that it is a privilege, now I got it thanks a lot.
Closed Thread