Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Headed Betta?

7K views 68 replies 23 participants last post by  Alex09 
#1 ·
Today, while at the pet store picking up a water test kit for the betta I got yesterday, I saw a double-headed one in a cup! I couldnt believe it! I asked the cashier about it and he didn't know anything about it. I couldn't resist; I had to buy it. Is this a known mutation? I'll be posting pictures soon!!!!

#4 ·
He's not very colorful, but I couldn't leave him there! Lol. He's got two heads!!!! Hopefully he's good and healthy.

#9 ·
I can't believe he made it through the screening process that most pet stores go through when they get their betta shipment in and put them in those cups lol. They come in tiny baggies usually. O___O I gotta see this guy lol. Does he eat with both heads I wonder?

#11 ·
Doggy - I paid $3.99 USD - the price of a regular betta at the pet store.

I'm waiting for a camera, and pictures will be up.

He ate with both heads, I fed him 3 pellets earlier and a bloodworm a few minutes ago.

#13 ·
Doggy - I paid $3.99 USD - the price of a regular betta at the pet store.

I'm waiting for a camera, and pictures will be up.

He ate with both heads, I fed him 3 pellets earlier and a bloodworm a few minutes ago.
That is way too cool. :D

#15 ·
That's awesome! Especially that he eats with both heads. I guess it's a Siamese Twin Siamese Fighting Fish. XD Do you consider him one betta or two? If I found one I would think of him as two... and name them "This n' That". Man, I want my own double headed betta now lol.

#18 ·
I think you should call him/them 'Thing 1 and Thing 2'. :-D

#22 ·
Doubtful, if it has 2 heads the two heads have been there its entire life, much like bettas in a divided tank will eventually get used to eachother and stop flaring cause they know they'll never get past that divider or it doesnt even see the other betta as a seperate male. This betta probably thinks all bettas have 2 heads. One head is dominantly in control of the body movement (or he'd be spazzing as each head tried to go different ways), while they both share a stomach (like siamese humans).

#23 ·
this betta must be very smart (if it even exists) and i wonder is it is any competition with other males. also can you imagine breeding this male with a female o_O. (I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!!) actually i recommend just trying to give it a good life. its enough that it has to struggle on its own and is probably still learning its own body. What tail type is it??

may i ask more questions? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.