Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #1 
FancyFins

Best place for buying fish stuff online?

There is a site my mom gets a lot of her tank stuff from but I can't think of it right now and I was wondering where everyone else get's their stuff online. Preferably a place with fast shipping and decent rates. Petsmart is sort of lacking in options and there is a fish place in town that I haven't been in for awhile but I think they pretty much just have the fish and not so much the plants and such :) I especially need some silk plants. Thanks in advance.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #2 
Rain Drop

Look on craigslist!
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #3 
dr2b

I never order my fish stuff online. It is always ends up equalling what it would cost me to buy it in the store due to shipping.

There was one time that I did order heaters, and they were actually on the new Linen's and things website because they had standard 2.99 shipping. But I've heard people using www.drsfostersmith.com sometimes. I think their shipping is expensive though ... if I remember correctly.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #4 
FancyFins

I can't find the things I need on craigslist and trust me if its something petsmart has in stock I will drive to town to get it but they don't have all that much and as far as I am from town honestly it is pretty close in gas money to what I pay for shipping lol. I think I'm gonna check eBay.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had to order a heater online and it cost me an arm and a leg but I had no choice. They didn't have what I wanted at Petsmart and I have no transportation to go anywhere else.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #6 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I usually order everything but fish from here unless Petco & Petsmart have super sales.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #7 
FancyFins

Thanks for the link!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #8 
twocents

I try to get what I need, equipment, fish, etc locally, but I will go online when I have to.
I do not recommend online pet depot. That place is actually relatively local to me, but I got lazy and ordered online. This was on a monday. They never acknowledged my order, I sent an email twice to ask when it was going to ship. (The place I found the item was actually out of stock and was going to be for a while). Local, I figured they would have shipped it within a day or two and i would have had it within the week. Well, I had to send a second email, not as complimentary. They responded Thursday that they were shipping it that evening via UPS. That is a joke: I have checked Friday and unless it hasn't updated, it is still 'pending'. Dr Foster & Smith would have had it to me by now if the item had been in stock. They can ship cross country ups ground faster than someone 15 miles away can. I doubt they will ever get my business again.

Dr. Foster & Smith have been good. They are prompt and ship within a day or two. Aquariumfishnet sent some freshwater clams promptly (they had to.. I think all live aquaria ships ups red or equivelent.)
Aquariumguys were prompt, but kept shipping stuff FedEx Residential rather than the requested commercial. Residential service seems unable to find business's so I had to drive down to their warehouse and pick stuff up there. So, they are down the list a tad if I am really looking for something. I got some plants from a place in South Dakota. They try to do and make things right. The service dept is maybe not spot on, but they do try to help.
So, for the most part local, then internet, and online pet depot, never again.
twocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #9 
Drift

I don't order offline very often. I ordered food from http://www.aquatichouse.com/ once and it only took a few days to get here. Although it was only 4 bottles of betta food and it was only one time. Got here sooner than they had quoted.
You could also try Thatpetplace.com I have never ordered offline, but their store is amazing. :)
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote