Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #11 
peaches3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Why didn't you get a manager? Nothing can change unless you bring it to the attention of the management. If they do nothing than go to corporate and report the store. Remember to note the time you were there and the condition of the fish. Pictures also help.

No manager wants corporate to step in so most of them will get their act together if you send them a letter stating you are not happy with the care given to the fish and if you don't see improvement you will report the store. If they do nothing then follow up on your threat and actually report them to corporate (in fact... report the store along with sending the manager a letter). Let them know that you and your friends/family will no longer shop at that store and if conditions don't improve you will be notifying agencies like PITA and the HSUS along with alerting the media to the conditions of the animals at that store.
wow... i would have told the fish guy if there had been one... i don't think the manager would pay much attention to a 12 year old but something definitely needs to be done about the way walmart treats their fish.
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

No one needs to know your age. I used to think people wouldn't listen to a 19 year old but if you take the time to write a letter to the manager and use good words and grammar they would never know you were young. :)

I'm very shy so I hardly ever actually get a manager. What I do is take pictures on my cell phone and then go back home and write a letter.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

bettas cruelty

Quote:
Why didn't you get a manager? Nothing can change unless you bring it to the attention of the management. If they do nothing than go to corporate and report the store. Remember to note the time you were there and the condition of the fish. Pictures also help.

No manager wants corporate to step in so most of them will get their act together if you send them a letter stating you are not happy with the care given to the fish and if you don't see improvement you will report the store. If they do nothing then follow up on your threat and actually report them to corporate (in fact... report the store along with sending the manager a letter). Let them know that you and your friends/family will no longer shop at that store and if conditions don't improve you will be notifying agencies like PITA and the HSUS along with alerting the media to the conditions of the animals at that store.

i agree with u. i have pet store next door to my work. the fish guy who usually work there left for 5-6 wk. and bettas where in terrible conditions. water on the bottom,and in a little bit of that water a lot of food so water was very cloudy.a few bettas were dead. and we talking about pet store!
i want back to the store when that guy came back and told him about that. he told me that in this situation we have to complain to corporate.

also we have pet smart and i know they changing water 2 times a week and they using betta water. so i think it also depend on people and manager who work there

i love bettas and it most abuse fish. my husband don't like me to go to pet store because i leaving crying. i get very obsessed with it. it's funny a lot of my co workers and friends have betta because of me.all together we have about 32-40 bettas. i have 8 and rest of them 2-3 bettas
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #14 
peaches3221

Quote:
No one needs to know your age. I used to think people wouldn't listen to a 19 year old but if you take the time to write a letter to the manager and use good words and grammar they would never know you were young. :)

I'm very shy so I hardly ever actually get a manager. What I do is take pictures on my cell phone and then go back home and write a letter.
oh, i meant i didn't think the manager would listen to me. i could wright a letter...
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #15 
1fish2fish

I understand. Sometimes its better if you write a letter or email.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #16 
peaches3221

yeah. something needs to be done about the way walmart treats their fish! they are living creatures with feelings!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #17 
Kiara123

i hate to see there fish because i now alot are died and the ones that are alive are sick or way under feed
Kiara123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #18 
boxermom

Wow, how sad! The betta's in my walmart are usually dead too. Thankfully they only have 4-5 at a time. But, I hardly shop there and stopped looking at the fish.

I bought a yellow female from there once, she lived for 3 years.
boxermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #19 
peaches3221

i know! it's terrible!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #20 
lunalove199

Yeah I've noticed for a while that walmart could care less about their fish. Personally all walmarts should just quit the fish business because obviously they dont know what they are doing and cant care for them.

We should all begin a strike lol.
lunalove199 is offline   Reply With Quote