Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #1 
Welsh

Low-light carpet plant

For the last few months I have been trying to grow java moss as a carpet, I've attached it to my driftwood and in one tank I have it inside a plant pot, the moss seems to grow but doesn't attach. I really want a carpet in my 12 gallon since I have sand as my substrate which can get messy, so in your opinion what are the best plants that will grow with a 15w standard bulb that came with the tank.

Thanks
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #2 
MoePaac

I've been considering this as well. Dwarf hairgrass seems like a good option, but I am also looking into pygmy chain sword.
MoePaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

wot about marimo moss balls? you can rip them apart and lay them on the sand as a carpet. :D
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #4 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoePaac View Post
I've been considering this as well. Dwarf hairgrass seems like a good option, but I am also looking into pygmy chain sword.
I have also considered dwarf hairgrass but isn't it a medium-high light plant? I love love love the look of a really good aquascaped tank and this plant is almost always in the pictures I see but I can imagine mine just looking total rubbish lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvbettas View Post
wot about marimo moss balls? you can rip them apart and lay them on the sand as a carpet. :D
I've been wanting these for a while but I would keep them as balls cause I think they look cool
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote