Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #11 
xswornxoffxjello

Thanks everybody!

@balloon, I don't think they're actually blue. I don't know why the coloring covered his eyes, but I'm pretty sure it's a flaw, especially considering what 1fish2fish said about him being a cull. He is in a critter keeper-like tank (it's a store brand so I don't know the exact size) but in comparison to my other tanks, I'm guessing it's three or four gallons.

@1fish2fish, I wondered about that too when I first saw him, but I don't think so. He doesn't bump into things, can sense food a mile off, and ALWAYS knew when you were carrying his cup by the edges, not supporting it from underneath, so I don't think he's blind.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #12 
1fish2fish

That's good :) sometimes it's bad enough where they can't see at all. I believe Adastra has a fish with the same metallic film over his eye and she says there's nothing wrong with him.

I can't wait to see more pictures! I love blue/yellow bi-colors.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #13 
vaygirl

Wow, he's amazing! I love his coloring. It's gorgeous. His eyes are neat too. Didn't we see someone with a white fish with white eyes like that? Named Cloud I think?

Whiskey used to have a matte black film over his eyes. It never affected his sight and he could take bloodworms off tweezers, find his food, etc. It went away with a color change but recently it looks like it's coming back.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #14 
mysquishy

Oh I remember that boy!! When we were there my hubby pointed him out to me. I am wondering if he is related to Percy!! I think they could possibly be brothers. Very pretty boy.

Oh and I saw that purple HMDT and I wanted it so bad too but I could only get one. :( I want to go back and get him for my mom because purple is her favorite color and he had great coloring.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #15 
xswornxoffxjello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysquishy View Post
Oh I remember that boy!! When we were there my hubby pointed him out to me. I am wondering if he is related to Percy!! I think they could possibly be brothers. Very pretty boy.

Oh and I saw that purple HMDT and I wanted it so bad too but I could only get one. :( I want to go back and get him for my mom because purple is her favorite color and he had great coloring.
I don't know--he really doesn't look that similar to Percy IMHO. It'd be really cool if they were related, though.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the HMDBT is gone. I met a fellow enthusiast at the store, and she took him home.

I'm hoping to upload some videos of him pretty soon, if the computer isn't being stupid.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #16 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswornxoffxjello View Post
I don't know--he really doesn't look that similar to Percy IMHO. It'd be really cool if they were related, though.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the HMDBT is gone. I met a fellow enthusiast at the store, and she took him home.

I'm hoping to upload some videos of him pretty soon, if the computer isn't being stupid.
The reason I thought they could be related is because they are both dragons except your boy has thicker dragon scales, the coloring is similar (blue body, yellow fins, and I noticed a tiny bit of orange on his bottom fin like he almost developed spots like Percy), same tail type, and they came in the same shipment. They do not have to look a lot alike to be related. It is possible.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #17 
xswornxoffxjello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysquishy View Post
The reason I thought they could be related is because they are both dragons except your boy has thicker dragon scales, the coloring is similar (blue body, yellow fins, and I noticed a tiny bit of orange on his bottom fin like he almost developed spots like Percy), same tail type, and they came in the same shipment. They do not have to look a lot alike to be related. It is possible.
True, it's possible. I don't know much about betta genetics.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #18 
Jupiter

Looove him! Those colours...and I've never seen eyes like that before.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote