Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #1 
RKbusy

New fish. Gah!

Pet store got their new bettas in again on Tuesday. And as usual, I just couldn't stay away. -__- But this time, I sorta, kinda had a legit reason for going in.

Come September, I'm moving to a MUCH bigger place, and I wanted to start a sorority in my 20 gallon tank (either that, or I'll divide the 20 gallon, and put the sorority into the 12 gallon... hmmm). And that meant... I needed to find nice females :)

Unfortunately, being in the City I'm in, with no Petco, and being not quite insane enough yet to buy stuff online, I decided, what the heck, they all look gorgeous to me anyway!

SO! I bought my very first female! And my oh my she is CUTE!

I think I'm going to call her Ms. Blue:

For some reason, she looks a lighter blue in the picture... Hmmm. She's actually a very dark blue and black. Also, those stripes. >.< They appear every time I feed her. I'm really not too sure why!

She's living in a 4.6 gallon critter tote I found at the Salvation Army store. FOUR BUCKS. LOL. There's 2 TINY little albino cory catfish in there with her. I might have to take them out if they get too big.

And secondly, this fella, whom I really have no excuse for buying. -__- Except for the fact that he was GORGEOUS, but so sad looking, and totally mis-labelled. I'm fairly positive this guy's a crowntail, not a "regular" veiltail.

I'm calling him L'arc en Ciel, cause he looks like a rainbow puked all over him! ^_^

I was really really afraid he wasn't going to make it at first (which is why I haven't posted about these 2 until now). He wouldn't eat, he didn't move, he just floated kinda on his side at the surface. I thought he was dead so many times, it was scary. But finally, I guess the warm waters and tantalizing bloodworms I was dangling in front of his mouth every few hours finally motivated him to get his act together, and start living!

He's living in Drakon's old tank, since I got an upgrade for my Drakon baby! ^_^. He was looking really really bored, and I wondered if a bigger tank would maybe make him stop chewing on his tail so much. Either way, Drakon is now in a 2.7 (?) gallon. 0.7 gallons more. LOL.

Just gotta get him a hiding place now.

Whoot! And for once, don't need name suggestions. Although... Ms. Blue is kinda boring and unoriginal. Maybe people can throw out some better names after all?
RKbusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #2 
newfiedragon

You could name her Periwinkle. That`s kinda cute!
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're very pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #4 
Fermin

Nice fish! Congrats on giving them a home.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Very pretty fish. Congrats.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #6 
Jayy

Very nice new bettas!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #7 
Learn To Fly