Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #1 
BettaBoy84

Talking Indoor/ Outdoor Breeding

I am currently in the process of breeding 3 separate tanks. I had the Indoor tank with male in first for 1 day, before introducing female for 4 days. Outdoor tanks were set up and introduced in same day, removed after 2)

75 gallon Indoor.
--> 84 degrees temp, 5 inch deep, no filtration, white oak leaves, plastic 1 liter bottle for nest, live plants.

5 Gallon Outdoor.
--> 70-86 degrees, may move indoors. Fake Plants, Gravel Bottom, oak leaves.

10 Gallon Outdoor.

--> 70-86 degrees, may move indoors. Variety of Live plants, organic rich soil, black sand cap, oak leaves.

All females were conditioned for 3-4 weeks with high quality frozen foods and daily water changes, aquarium salt used 10 days off and on for increased fin sized and color. Oak leaves "white oak and bur" was used to release tannins and aid in fin repair and coloring, etc.

I introduced the male and female at the same time in the Indoor tank, and immediately the female (Starburst- White) grew dark blue and purple verticle lines, and approached male...After male (Aurora- White) scared female away, they spent 2-3days chasing eacother. 3rd Day male built nest. 4th day they decisded to breed.

Outdoor tank 1, I introduced the male (Asteroid) first then the female (M.J.) a day later. By morning, the males had bubble nests and were mating by afternoon. I whitnessed the male mate for a few hours, with 5-10 eggs per mate, I didnt know if this had been going on since early morning or not, but the female was getting pretty nipped up and body cuts, which i havnt seen in any other mating tanks yet. Very small bubble nest, but male now guards the nest as female has been removed.

In outdoor tank 2, I use live plants and sand and the bubble nests (2) were made on oak leaves at top, and between live plant leafs at surface.
I beleive hte mating for this tank happend overnight, so i removed the female (Magma) in mid afternoon as she was attacking make under nest, and male (Lahaina Orion) was guarding nest. Assume they mated overnight, but will see, awsome nest, BOTH!

I now have all 3 females removed in speparate hospital tanks using a pinch of aquarium salt, de-chlor. fresh water, and a white oak soaked water mix.

I will update on status od fests and possible fry soon.

BETTA BOY
Attached Images

BettaBoy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

wow amazing!!!!! i love your bettas!!!!!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #3 
BettaBoy84

Talking "Prom Night Pic"

Thanks, I haven't posted pics of, M.J. and Asteroid because they were too timid during spawning, didn't want to disturb them.

They are both dark green and blue, black tops of heads, and both Veil. Both other males are Crown, all females are round tail and or veil.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

im breeding the same thing. CT with VT:)
Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #5 
BettaBoy84

Talking Cool!

Have you had any luck with fry, if so, what outcomes have you had?!? I would love to see some pics!

BETTA BOY!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #6 
bettalover2033

well this is my first attempt so im trying to take things slow and get it right:) so what im doing is letting the male and female to get used to each other so this is the first day i introduced them. they are flaring like crazy and im going to let them get used to each other for at least 2-3 days. its been a couple of hours now:) i hope this works:)
Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Awesome job Bettaboy......and great pic...look forward to following your spawns....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfishlady View Post
awesome job bettaboy......and great pic...look forward to following your spawns....
meeee toooo!!!!!=d
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #9 
Dead Sunlight

Good luck Betta Boy... ur breeders look beautiful... may be intrested in a fry ...
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead sunlight View Post
good luck betta boy... Ur breeders look beautiful... May be intrested in a fry ...
me too!!!