Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #141 
Alexanderismylife

My rant- Okay I had bought Apollo (Betta) about a month ago and he was only mine for about 2 days then my mom fell in love with him and now she's really into fish. At first I thought this would be really cool but Grr I feed them all in the morning usually 2 pellets and 2 pellets at night. But my mom insisted that her betta needed more and of course I told her that no,He would get bloated then. So of course she didn't listen to me and Apollo is now severly bloated! And of course the person she blames is me! This is the first betta she's ever had and now she pretty much thinks she knows it all! -_- She won't admit the fact that she CAN be wrong sometimes. Grr this is just really upsetting me! Sorry about the long rant.
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #142 
prettylittlefishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarada View Post
When you are married it is 'your' money :P
Ugh I know its terrible! Lol.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #143 
Drift

Alex- I just want you to know my mom is the same way. Ugh.

Rant: I need to figure out what to do with rest of my life. I can't continue living in my bf's parents attic rest of my life.
Anyone have any career ideas for me? Preferably something outdoors. I would be homicidal if I had a desk job. Haha!
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #144 
CodeRed

How about working in lawn care? :P I don't know... but I know what you mean. Desk work would drive me crazy ):
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #145 
Drift

I really want to be a train conductor, but I'm pretty sure they're sexist and want a big burly man. :( I then looked at Park Ranger, but the outlook on those jobs in the future are not well as volunteer work takes over paid jobs.
So my brain currently looks like this (-------). I have no idea at all. I would go to college if need be, but it needs to be something I know would be good and that there is a high enough demand that I would be able to get the job after I rack up those student loans. lol!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #146 
SaylorKennedy

I've seen female train conductors that work on the Metra line in Chicago.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #147 
Adastra

What about going to trade school and becoming an electrician, or something? I have friends that make good money working for big electric service companies, and they get to be outside a lot, hahaha. Besides, trade school isn't like college--it's shorter and there's less BS.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #148 
vaygirl

There is a big, horribly ugly, black and white orb spider that makes a web between my car and my neighbor's car. It's been over two weeks and he re-spins that web every night despite the fact that I pull out and break it every morning. My husband won't even get in on that side now because he's run into the web twice and it snaps in your face like a rubberband (I also ran into it once). I have to pull out, break the web and then my husband will come get in the car. This morning when I came back from dropping hubby off, the spider was sitting on my neighbors side mirror, staring at me. I ran in the house! When will he stop!?!?
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 AM   #149 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
I really want to be a train conductor, but I'm pretty sure they're sexist and want a big burly man. :( I then looked at Park Ranger, but the outlook on those jobs in the future are not well as volunteer work takes over paid jobs.
So my brain currently looks like this (-------). I have no idea at all. I would go to college if need be, but it needs to be something I know would be good and that there is a high enough demand that I would be able to get the job after I rack up those student loans. lol!
You could be a police officer!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #150 
Drift

Saylor- I know of one or two too, but they've been in the field for years now. I think it might be because I have no experience that will help them at all.
The electrician idea is ok, but not quiet what I'm looking for. :)
And no to being a cop. Only if I was on the K9 Unit would I consider it, and to do so you need to be in the field already for a minimum of two years.

On the other note: I completley forgot I have to be at work today 2 hours earlier than normal. I should have not complained about my hours, now I gotta figure out how to get everything I need to done in the next 2 hours.