Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #11 
vaygirl

I don't know that I'd leave an air bubble in it. It would get stale after a little while. Other then that I don't see a problem with it.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #12 
Adastra

Remember, if you ever use a terra cotta pot, you must fill the drainage hole at the bottom. Many bettas attempt two swim through this small hole and get trapped and die. The jar should be ok as long as it's never seen soap/chemicals. The fish may be confused at first if the top is transparent, but should learn quickly--they're not stupid. You could always glue rocks or silk leaves to the jar with aquarium sealant.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #13 
Phoxly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDGBjTEeJ8

Hampster tubes (: I really wanna try it lol.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #14 
Jupiter

I've always wanted to make a bright, childish tank with hamster tubes too. I think a betta would like it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #15 
gahcrazy

If the jr is colored glass becareful that it dosn't leak toxins into the water. i've used vases, glases etc.. the angle dosn't matter, the fish has some kinda organ to detect whats around them. (like openings) i freaked too the first time i thought slimely was stuck, helped him out. he looked at me like i was a fool! p.s. i have one colored jar that when i use it seems to have adverse effects on the fish so it's nolonger used
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote