Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #11 
Jupiter

Yeah, some bettas are iffy about flakes. Pellets are the way to go, and you can get brine shrimp or blood worms as a treat.

But be sure to condition the water! That is a must! A lot of people reccommend Prime, but they don't sell it here. NovAqua is the one I use, incase you can't find any Prime.

And don't forget a heater, if you don't already have one.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #12 
rhooch

Well I got a new fish today and a bigger tank. The new fish is for my son it is a white with red fin ct. Its kinda small and not in too good of shape so I hope I can get him upto par. It was the last one walmart had (the only place close to me that has fish). It was more of a rescue buy as he was the last one there and we all know how they care for there fish so i scooped him up. My purple and red ct loves his new tank but my wife threw out all my fake plants and rock so he will have no place to hide till tomarrow(closest town is 30 min away). Also picked up some blood worms, he loves them:).
rhooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #13 
Alex09

Make sure you add conditioner to their water to remove harmful chemicals from tap water (chlorine, heavy metals etc..) And dont overfeed. Remember that their stomach is about the size of their eyeball. Bloodworms make good treats.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #14 
rhooch

I did also pick some conditioner up. I hope every thing works. Wish me and my sons new fish luck its my first time.
rhooch is offline   Reply With Quote