Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #1 
BlueHaven

My aquarium hood light is broken

Thankfully it did not fall into the aquarium, it rested on the cover that is around it. But the swirly thing inside the hood that you screw the light into has come off and was still on the end of the light bulb. I was thinking of returning the hood to see if I could get a new one, but it came with the aquarium (mini bow 2.5) and I certainly do not want to redo Thai's tank. I don't know if they would do this either. Does anyone know if it would be safe to glue it back? And what kind of glue would I use? That wouldn't just come off from the heat. Thank you!Oh, and this is the first time it happen, I am using a new 10 watt fluorescent light bulb for small tanks. The one it came with was an incandescent, but I don't use it.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #2 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
Thankfully it did not fall into the aquarium, it rested on the cover that is around it. But the swirly thing inside the hood that you screw the light into has come off and was still on the end of the light bulb. I was thinking of returning the hood to see if I could get a new one, but it came with the aquarium (mini bow 2.5) and I certainly do not want to redo Thai's tank. I don't know if they would do this either. Does anyone know if it would be safe to glue it back? And what kind of glue would I use? That wouldn't just come off from the heat. Thank you!Oh, and this is the first time it happen, I am using a new 10 watt fluorescent light bulb for small tanks. The one it came with was an incandescent, but I don't use it.
our community tank downstairs needs a new light, the light fittings for some reason are naffing the fluorescent tubes up.

Super glue and hot glue is poisonous to fish.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #3 
BlueHaven

Thanks, I wont use those. Hope yours works out. ^_^
I'm going to see if I can find some aquarium glue today.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #4 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
Thanks, I wont use those. Hope yours works out. ^_^
I'm going to see if I can find some aquarium glue today.
Thanks me too, I'm looking for new fittings and everything lol
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote