Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #21 
dorabaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta99 View Post
i hardly ever see red and turquoise together. nice betta
my first betta, another female, was dark green with red fins with turqouise streaks, a lot like flame. those are just the colour forms my local pet shop has. i wonder if there is some wild betta in them...
dorabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #22 
JaspersANGEL

Gorgeous girl! She has blue eyes..Aaah pretty.
As I put in another post
`I'd still say a cambodian, if u look in the tail and color section of this forum it describe's cambodians as having a pale white-ish body. And these days u cannot really tell with store bought betta`s, there is soo many mixes and hybrids..`
So multi-colored cambodian.. just my opinion.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #23 
dorabaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaspersANGEL View Post
Gorgeous girl! She has blue eyes..Aaah pretty.
As I put in another post
`I'd still say a cambodian, if u look in the tail and color section of this forum it describe's cambodians as having a pale white-ish body. And these days u cannot really tell with store bought betta`s, there is soo many mixes and hybrids..`
So multi-colored cambodian.. just my opinion.
i love her blue eyes!
i think you might be right, but it seems odd to me that all the bettas my local pet shop gets in have the same colouration (flame's is a little different as she has a pale body, but the fins are the same.) the females are dark green with dark crimson fins and a turqouise sheen. similar to flame except without the cambodian type body. maybe their supplier crosses varieties :O
Old 08-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #24 
dorabaker

ok this isn't my betta, but it does show the colours that my first female betta displayed, and that all the other female bettas at the local pet shop display.
some wild betta in there, maybe mixed with green betta because the wild ones are more bluish? just a thought...how common is it to find wild-colouration bettas?

Name:  Picture 1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  11.9 KB

(i had to take a screenshot of this picture cos i couldn't get the 'insert image from url' to work)
Old 08-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #25 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorabaker View Post
ok this isn't my betta, but it does show the colours that my first female betta displayed, and that all the other female bettas at the local pet shop display.
some wild betta in there, maybe mixed with green betta because the wild ones are more bluish? just a thought...how common is it to find wild-colouration bettas?

Attachment 16229

(i had to take a screenshot of this picture cos i couldn't get the 'insert image from url' to work)
not very common to find that color in bettas. also i hope you know thats a male:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #26 
dorabaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
not very common to find that color in bettas. also i hope you know thats a male:)
plakat male i suppose?
i have my doubts about my first betta being a female, actually. she always blew bubblenests :O and i think she flared if a gourami strayed into her territory. but maybe females do that too, i dont know.
wish i could find a picture of her, but i seem to have lost them all...i think her body was a bit more greenish rather than dark, like it appears in that picture.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #27 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorabaker View Post
plakat male i suppose?
i have my doubts about my first betta being a female, actually. she always blew bubblenests :O and i think she flared if a gourami strayed into her territory. but maybe females do that too, i dont know.
wish i could find a picture of her, but i seem to have lost them all...i think her body was a bit more greenish rather than dark, like it appears in that picture.
Yes he is a Plakat male:) good reference.
also Female bettas DONT blow bubble nests they cant sustain them.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #28 
dorabaker

Quote:
Quote:
Yes he is a Plakat male:) good reference.
also Female bettas DONT blow bubble nests they cant sustain them.
woah...i had a male! i did wonder at one point, but then after seeing how colourful the females could be and reading somewhere that sometimes they blew bubblenests, i thought it was a 'she' after all.
so i guess i had a plakat male then...i'm lucky he didn't attack my pearl gouramis! he was very self contained and just hung around the top of the tank displaying and blowing bubbles. so cute...
Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #29 
dorabaker

i just looked into my betta tank and there was a little pile of bubbles clinging to the leaf of a fern. it looked just like the nests my old betta used to make. are you SURE females don't make bubblenests?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #30 
thefishboy

So tou have a male betta????!!!!
thefishboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, female betta, rescue, siamese fighting fish