Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #1 
LoveSGSE

Breeding Update

As some may have known from my previous thread, Im breeding a pair of red HMPK. The previous attempt failed, cause I was too impatient.

Update ( 26-8-2010 6:59PM )
I've condition the pair for a week again. And now they're in the 1foot tank. The female is in the barrel, while the male is flaring and exploring the tank. I introduced them 1 hour before dark as advised, and I got my lamp on for the night. I observed the water, and found out that it isn't really of superior condition. But its nothing serious, just a few specks of dust... The pair is fasting for today. Im leaving them there alone, no disturbance.

Plan : Release the female out of the barrel on Saturday morning. Have to look at the bubble nest first though.

Is there anything else I can improve? I've added ketapang leave, plastic lid. Thats all. Will update soon~
LoveSGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #2 
LoveSGSE

Update ( 26-8-2010 7.55PM )
I found out that the water condition was really bad, causing the pair not to concentrate. I changed the water in the tank, introduce both at the same time. The female is once again in the barrel. This time, I switched off the lamp, cause I found out it was actually kind of attracting dust and insects ( :S ). The pair is now left in my dark fish room, with a cardboard covering the top of the tank undisturbed. The male seems kind of distracted for some reason, he isn't making nest like the previous attempt.

Hope my hard work pays off! Good luck to me...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #3 
LoveSGSE

Update (26-8-2010 8.58PM )
I Checked them for the first time, and I found out that there was a tiny bubble nest under the plastic lid. I hope there's a decent by tomorrow evening. I have lots of time though, 2 days grace period for the male to make the nest.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #4 
LoveSGSE

I decided to get the lamp on, indirectly shining. Hope it speeds up the nest making
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #5 
LoveSGSE

I checked on my pair again and found that the male kept hiding under the ketapang leaf, turns out that he also mad one nest under the leaf too. The plastics lid nest is tiny, and I guess I'll leave everything there until there's a decent nest