Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #21 
shemetz

thanks that makes me feal so mu ch better. and i have the best instructer ever!
shemetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #22 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNLark View Post
Confidence is hard to have, especially when you've fallen doing something. Whenever that happens to me, I just take a deep breath, do it again and hold on tight. Works every time. :) The horse knows when you're nervous, so don't think about it, just do it.
Yeah, horses know what you're thinking. No kidding, I really think some of them (if you have a close connection) can truly read your mind. If you don't really want to jump that jump that's in front of you, chances are your horse isn't going to jump it.

What I do is think positive, and like SNL said, breathe deep. It kind of leaves no room for fear, lol.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #23 
shemetz

thanks i know what you mean about horses reading your mind for awhile after i fell off my horse would not jump because i was so nervous.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #24 
Betta Slave

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but about the horses reading your mind, I believe it's all in your energy (and mind of course.) My intructor does round-penning with her appendix horse, and she makes the horse gallop around her without saying anything. She can even make it stop and turn around the other and she just stands there. She says she uses her energy to control the horse.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #25 
shemetz

that is cool and a little bit freaky.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #26 
Betta Slave

I know, right? XD It's not that hard- you push all your energy out of the front (your stomach area) and control the horse with that.... But it takes a ton of practice. I can only make my horse walk, trot and canter with my energy. >.< That's it. But she's a real pro.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #27 
shemetz

wow thats amazing
Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #28 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but about the horses reading your mind, I believe it's all in your energy (and mind of course.) My intructor does round-penning with her appendix horse, and she makes the horse gallop around her without saying anything. She can even make it stop and turn around the other and she just stands there. She says she uses her energy to control the horse.
I think they can actually "read your mind" too though. Once I was walking up to the arena and the horse was drooling. I thought, and only thought mind you, Eww, Louie, that's gross! and he stopped dead. And wouldn't move. So I thought, Okay, okay, I'm sorry and he started moving again. No, I don't think they can understand words, but they can understand the meaning whether you're speaking or thinking. Or maybe I just changed my energy. But why would he have stopped then? I could tell several stories about horses "reading minds" but it would be a lot of typing.

In any case, they understand you somehow.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #29 
Betta Slave

D'awww. That's cute. A horse drooling. XD

But anyway, that's really cool! I'm very new to horses (only started taking lessons a few weeks ago) but they're such interesting animals. :)
Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #30 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
D'awww. That's cute. A horse drooling. XD

But anyway, that's really cool! I'm very new to horses (only started taking lessons a few weeks ago) but they're such interesting animals. :)
It's called clover drip, all the horses get it when there's a lot of clover because of some bacteria or something that's on it. It's so gross, you'll go to put the bit in and it's like a waterfall of drool. Bleh! Except Louie gets a hackamore (no bit) ;D

Awesome, a new rider! Do you ride English or Western or something else? Horses are amazing animals.