Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #1 
Jooleeah

Unhappy i hate to do this </3

I really hate to do this but i have to give up my bettas :( i just dont have the time to take care of them anymore like I should be. I just have too many :( Im in canada though so i know that restricts lots of you D:

Meeko: greenish gray crowntail with red spots (ill get a picture of him soon)

Patchy: "before" picture, he has half of his back fin left but its growing back quite nicely:)(tail biter)

Raphael: adopted him, his tail is permanently damaged from previous home. but the tip seems to be growing a little

Puck: (tail biter) he keeps biting his bum fin but the bottom fin with the gap in the middle has grown back a lot. His ventrals were always shrivvled up like that

Oli: "before piture" got through divider where meeko was on the other side. Fins were shredded, but theyre coming back amazingly im very impressed :)

The only thing is is i dont have the money to pay shipping, so adopters have to pay :(
thanks so much.
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry :(

I would adopt one, but I live a while away from you and I can't afford the shipping.

Good luck! Hope they find good homes.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #3 
weluvbettas

If you dont mind me asking why are you getting rid of them?
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #4 
Jooleeah

Quote:
If you dont mind me asking why are you getting rid of them?
i dont have the time to do all of their water changes and its difficult too because my step dad doesnt want me to do it in the bathroom now. I started doing some on different days but some days id forget and my parents got really annoyed with ut. Also i have to bring the full tanks all the way to the basement to the laundry room to clean them, and risk dropping them and getting water and gravel and plants everywhere, like i did to my other 5 gal.
And all the fish is starting to become overwhelming and they take up a huge portion of my room so i dont have anywhere to put anything anymore. Plus i have a 10 gal with hermit crabs so that takes up lots of space too.
After arturo and tina died im just not as interested in the rest of the guys as i used to be. :( i still take care of them as much as i can its just the origninal love for them has stopped. Its kinda like when you get so much of one thing you appreciate it less :( i feel so bad though
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #5 
weluvbettas

I understand. :)
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #6 
JaspersANGEL

Aah so sorry to hear that, I'd love to help u out, but with two I find it a bit hard to keep up with them, and I don't have any spare tankx.

I hoppe u find a good new home for them!

Edit: just so I don't look like an awful person with a betta that looks like he's badly treated in my avatar.
He's not, Charlie chose to bite off his tail, I did everything to make it regrow, sadly it did not. He eats like normal and is a happy guy despite his problems.
Petsmart betta what more can I say! *lol*

He's soo cute tho!!

Last edited by JaspersANGEL; 08-26-2010 at 02:50 PM.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #7 
puppyrjjkm

So is there a guideline that they can't be shipped out of Canada? And are you adopting out all your bettas? Please tell me you're at least keeping one :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

You can ship in/out of Canada but it would cost around $100 just to ship to the US.

ETA.. Jooleah.. I'm sorry your having such problems. I'm going to send you a PM cuz I think I may be able to help.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #9 
puppyrjjkm

Darn :( I didn't think it would be too bad since I'm probably the closest here in Montana.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:49 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry that you have to give up your fish. Having too many and not being able to take care of them CAN be overwhelming.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote