Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #1 
Tzankuhok

Talking My new guy

Well, I finally got around to purchasing a tank, originally I had only planned on getting a five gallon but my parents were with and gave me my birthday present early since they won't be here with me on the day itself. So I ended up going home with a 10 Gallon tank, some live plants, two cave thingys and some of that CaribSea sand I was talking bout on here a while back. After I had the sand plants and decorations just so, aka where-ever my ADD mind thought things should go I went ahead and filled it up. And I probably should have let it run a lot longer, it was less than half a week, but again my ADD mind got impatient and off to the pet store I went.
A few ghost shrimp later and I was looking intently at the selection of Betta fish and eventually found Navi hidden way in the back looking rather pathetic in his little cup, but also quite cute. So at the moment I have a ten gallon tank, 3 ghost shrimp (1 of which is pregnant) a heater, filter, led light, cover, plants, decor and one scared little blue betta fish who won't stop hiding in his cave and hasn't had a bite to eat yet, although the ghost shrimp enjoyed his missed meals. Don't have pictures with me just yet but when I get home I will post some of the tank, one of the ghost shrimp and if he cooperates even Navi himself.
Talk to you all later.
Tzankuhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #2 
naturegirl243

Yay! How excititing congrats on the new tank. I can't wait to see pictures.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #3 
Tzankuhok

Meant to post them today since I finally got them transferred onto my computer last night. Unfortunately did so at 1 am last night an loaded them on to the wrong computer. So hopefully when I get home. Which will be earlier today due to a lighter class load, unless I stop by Petco.... Anyways since I got Navi and the three amigos I had to unplug the filter for their tank. Navi simply decided that unless it was off he was only going to come to the surface for air then dart back down into his cave regardless of the three amigos dashing in there while he wasn't looking. I think that it was too strong for him and since the tank is half-round the current from the filter just keeps going around. At least I think that is the issue. Also did a partial water change with which he was quite happy because the water was cloudy, I probably didn't wash one of the decorations off properly And so far he isn't flaring at all, in fact he ran away from the mirror the couple of times I put it by the tank. He also ran from printed out picture(also placed by his tank) of a lady betta. But thats okay, he's a cute little scaredy-cat and just peeks his head of of the cave after a while to make sure everything is all gone. Although he does seem quite interested in the floating thermometer in his tank... Anyways I'll try to get the pictures posted this evening.
Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Tzankuhok; 08-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #4 
naturegirl243

haha aww sounds like you have a sweet shy guy.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #5 
Tzankuhok

Well here are the photos at last. Navi looks a lot greener in one of the photos because of the flash from my camera and the one of the ghost shrimp was just cause I found her interesting since she is pregnant. Although I'm not sure where she is at the moment... And sorry bout the large size of the photos, I don't know how to resize them
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #6 
Neelie

ooohhh very nice!!! love that tnk! its really really natural looking! well done
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #7 
weluvbettas

Lovely tank! your betta is gorgeous!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #8 
shemetz