Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #11 
naturegirl243

reptileboy- yeah he is moving just weired.

Dead Sunlight- I sure hope he turns around yeah I put him in the cup he came in(after cleaning it throughly with hot water and burning my hands)so hopefully he will be ok I am really attached to him now even though I only had him for a day.

on a side note the other one I got(blue and white marble without a name) is doing fantastic.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #12 
BlueHaven

There must be something that's causing him to be like that, maybe it was the high alkaline? Or he did something himself that caused it. I sure hope he will get better. It is hard to see a pet hurting..
I did pray for him too. :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #13 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
There must be something that's causing him to be like that, maybe it was the high alkaline? Or he did something himself that caused it. I sure hope he will get better. It is hard to see a pet hurting..
I did pray for him too. :)
Thank you I don't see how he could have done anything to himself but maybe.either the high alkaline or out of curiosity I checked the water in one of the cups for amonnia with the api liquid test it was a 8.0! so that could be affecting him.the test I did was in the otrher fish cup but he has been there just as long.It is sooo hard watching him he looks dead but I know he is alive I just really hope he pulls through.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #14 
JKfish

Wait... i think I read this wrong. The cup he's in has a 8.0 ammonia level? Or the cup he was in when he was at the petstore had a 8.0 ammonia level?

If it's the former, I'd definately do a water change and add some water detoxifyer.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #15 
naturegirl243

No the cup at the petstore I would deffinatly would not let the water get that bad.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #16 
naturegirl243

UPDATE:He is doing alot better he is chilling out like a regular betta and when he swims it's normal.I am going to keep him in the cup for the rest of the night and part of tommorow and see how he does.Things are looking up though hopefully my new buddy won't die.I am glad I got him and no one else otherwise I am sure he would be dead by now.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #17 
naturegirl243

Ok last update for the night he is doing amazing now that I put him back in his cup of spring water with a little stress coat.He is swimming normal and he even just ate three pellets(first time he has eaten since I got him).I really thought he was going to die as you all saw by the pictures but I think he is going to make a full recovery.tommorow I will put him in the tank he was in for the pictures and the day after I will put him back in his 2 gallon.here is a update picture.I can't belive he is recovering I had the receipt out ready to get my money back if he died.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #18 
vaygirl

Before you put him back in his old tank I'd scrub everything down with hot water just to be sure nothing strange was in it. Was he the one in the Kmart jar? I'm glad he's doing so much better. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #19 
naturegirl243

Yeah I am going to.and yep it was actually wal-mart I thought I scrubbed good enough I think it was something in the water for some reason his was high in alkaline none of my others are just his.right now it is sitting with half it's water in it and I am thinking I should just get him something else now.Since I am tramatized by this one.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #20 
naturegirl243

Ok I woke up this morning and he is fine I put him in the next size up with a plant(a soft plasctic one but not silk)He is really active in a normal way just swimming around I am soo happy he is ok.Stress coat and Phoxly saved his life(with a little help from me of course)!
Attached Images