Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #1 
Cassandra90

Smile New plans, any ideas?

Well I have a 2 year old male from petsmart. He originally was in a 1 gallon glass bowl, well I broke that while a cleaning, then up graded to a 2 gallon glass bowl, well I broke that one too, and now he is in a 3 gallon hex tank with a filter and heater.
While cleaning out my room and setting up my new leopard gecko 25 gallon tank, I relized that my old 7 gallon critter keeper/tank used for my leopard gecko when he was a juvinille; anyways I wanna make that into a new betta tank.

To clean it, what would I use? ( I do not want to use anything that might harm the betta)

What size heater?

What size filter?

It is not an exact critter keeper, it has possible cut out holes on the top for placement of any cords and larger cut outs for possible lights, filters, and etc. Which is kinda neat since it will still have lid on it that can also house all the equipment.

I was going to use my original rocks from my old 3 gallon hex, they are a sandy brown, white color small pebbles.

I like to change the decors with every 100% water change and clean, since new tank I would like to get new decorations.

Any ideas?
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #2 
vanish3d

To clean it, what would I use? ( I do not want to use anything that might harm the betta. - Do NOT use any chemicals, strictly luke warm water only along with a new bucket for your AQU only. Magnetic algae cleaners work great you can also pick thse up at local petstore.

What size heater? I'd go a 25watt to 50watt. generally it's 1watt to 1 litre of water but depending on how much your willing to spend a cheap 50watt will do or a 25watt heater thats of good brand.

What size filter? as for a filter id go a small hang on. Those can be found at any petstore or AQU store ect.. just ask your local retailer what he thinks best and explain what type of fish your planning on getting to.
also keep in mind if your getting a betta they require low water flow.

I like to change the decors with every 100% water change and clean, since new tank I would like to get new decorations. -- Strictly do NOT do a 100% water change on your 7gal tank for this could destory bacteria within your fish tank & only make it worse. bacteria is needed for the health of your new fish. New decorations will be fine, do let your new tank pre heat & cycle before adding any fish. 2-3days is good.

Last edited by vanish3d; 08-28-2010 at 08:18 AM.
vanish3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

There have been times in the past that I have cleaned tanks and wanted something with a little "grit" in it, but, of course, anything like Comet or Ajax is out of the question. The solution? SALT!!!!

It's gritty, rinses easily and it is safe. :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote