Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Thinking about putting a hold on this guy...

As most of you know I have a slight addiction to Bettysplendens' fish and she's doing a stock shop update right now. There are a few guys I really like and I'm thinking of putting a hold on one of them.. I just can't decide which one.

My problem is I'm in talks with a breeder about getting a male or a pair from her spawn but she's taking a little long to get back to me and I'm not sure if I want to wait and risk loosing a chance at one of Victoria's fish or if I want to just go ahead and plan to buy a BS fish and then if I do decide to get a male or pair from the other breeder... well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I have the space.. just not sure if I'll be able to afford shipping on two different orders.

Anyways.. here are some of the BS fish I'm considering... Tell me if you think they're worth getting or if I should try to hold out for my dream Orange Dal pair from the other breeder.

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=4135 : This guy isn't an HMPK but I could work on that. I like him because he would complement Ada, my "calico" SD female really well as far as colors. They would make some interesting fry.

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=4122 : This guy is really nice and I have Foxy, a SD (almost HM) female who is also a cambo and they would make some nice fry as well. I would just have to work a little harder to achieve more HMs in resulting generations should I decide to do a line.

I'm not head over heels in love with either of these guys but they are both something I'd be interested in working with. The dal HMPKs are something I'd REALLY want to work with but I don't know if she has a pair available or just a male.. and with Dals you NEED a pair or you will lose the spotting... of course I could always experiment to try to get the spots if I didn't get a sib pair.

What do you think? Should I get one or hold out for something I REALLY like?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #2 
Campbell

Hold out. Especially if you're going to breed.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #3 
beat2020

I would say either one is fine for you if you want create some lines. As soon as I say the first plakat on her site earlier today I thought of Ada and thought they would make a great pair. The second guy is great too , I think he would work really well to start a nice cambodian butterfly line IMO.
BTW this boy is amazing too http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=4102 ; I think he'll go GREAT with Jane

Last edited by beat2020; 08-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #4 
kuklachica

I think they are both nice... but just nice. Not WOW. I'm not a big fan of cambos, but I do like the HMPK. I don't think it would hurt to email her and see if she has any dals... especially if she is trying to clear some out since she won't be breeding them quite as actively for a while.. she might have some she wants to unload if she is not focusing on them. my vote is to email her and ask for the kids you are actually interested in.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #5 
Sarada

Hold on...wait for one you love.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #6 
Sarada

And I like this cambodian better http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=3963
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

I think I am going to hold out. She doesn't really have anything that wows me... just a few that I'd like to experiment with some day. I already have two males that I want spawns from and I've been toying with the idea of breeding my yellow HMPKs... they may be too old though.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #8 
kuklachica

I still want to buy one form her.... argh...
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote