Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #21 
Welsh

What about those plastic goldfish bowls, you usually get them at fairs and carnivals etc, they are fairly cheap but are only 4 litres which is about.....1.5 gallons. These are the ones i'm talking about

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Aquariu...r/invt/0080105

You could also use critter keepers and divide them. I've heard of people doing that before

Also and I don't know if this would work but plastic drinks bottles. There are coke bottles that are bigger than average, I don't mean force the little fish through the neck of the bottle but you could cut the bottles in half and use them that way just an idea, i don't know if the bottle would be sturdy enough though
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #22 
weluvbettas

the coke bottle is a good idea welsh :D you could ask all your friends and family to keep all big plastic bottles
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #23 
Welsh

I think our fish were raised in plastic bottles lol, my sister and parents go through the stuff like its water so id have enough bottles to supply the street lol.

Water bottles could work too, you know the massive ones you get with the handles, these ones lol

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...32&tx=78&ty=85
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #24 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaven View Post
32 ounces is too small, it would only be 0.25 gallons, and they need enough room to swim and grow in. Especially since male bettas are territorial.
But if you find jars/cups that are bigger than that it would be fine. The pickle jars come in really big sizes, up to 2 gallons, that's good.
Also, in plastic cups you wouldn't be able to keep heaters in it or much room for plants and gravel. They could get bored.

I do think this is a good idea though, just find ones that are big enough. (At least 1.5 gallons, 2 - 2.5 is much better.)
Well most breeders just have quart jars that are bare. The room with the fish would be warm enough to cover the heater problem and these are only temporary until they're sold. Plus they'll get to flare at other bettas.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #25 
MrVampire181

I used to cut the tops off of Fiji water bottles and used the for jars :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote