Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #2051 
Rosencrantz32

I'm so sorry about Siberian :( I hope he finds a good family that will take very good care of him.

Have fun on your vacation!!
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #2052 
Fenghuang

I am so terribly sorry about Siberian. *hugs* If I could, I would hold on to him for you. That is heartbreaking. ):
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #2053 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks guys! Just got back from vacation a day early because the family I was with, my friend's great grandmother died last night around 4pm, she was 101 and a half! An amazing life if I say so myself but I felt so bad for them all, the four of them huddled in the master bedroom to cry together for a bit and figure out what they were going to do.

Well, the other highlights of the vacation were: we went to this amazing Malt (ice cream) shop on Sunday and went swimming. My first time on a water slide for real and I ended up breaking my foot when I entered the water and my foot slammed against the bottom of the pool.....although I didn't realize it was broken, thought it might have been sprained or something. Got a nasty cut on the top of my foot too, went to the hospital next day and got some x-ray's, yep, broken foot >.<

We did a lot of shopping around, or rather Marissa did since I sort of ran out of money early since I had to buy most of my meals and I don't have a lot of money to start off on. She felt bad for 1) making me go down the water slide and 2) my lack of money all around so she helped out and bought me some of the small meals like breakfast and stuff :) it ended well.

We went to a science museum/aquarium thingy called ECHO! It was super cool and I got a bunch of pictures from it, I'll try to label what I remember!

A fat Eastern Newt!!!! This one is a female, fat and eggy it seems!

Look at that cute face! I hope mine won't be so fat but she's so cute!

Here's the male who was near her!!

A super beautiful Garter Snail, she was so cute just sitting there and basking in front of all the little kids looking at her ^_^ looks like she might be ready to shed but I only know a few small things on reptiles so don't take my word for it lol

I don't remember what this one was but it looks like it's some sort of Bass

A beautiful little Trout, not sure of the exact type

No idea what this guy was but he was adorable! He kept coming up and posing for me haha

Adorable little Sun turtle basking!

Another turtle who was happily basking and posing XD

Sleepy Axolotl!!!!

The Eastern Newts (Red Efts just the adult stage) and the Axies I squealed about most when I found them lol

Got home and Siberian is actually still here, is appointment is apparently next Wednesday! And all my fish are still doing well, even Hawkeye is still alive but not happy. The Killifish did die though :-/ looks like it might have been this morning though, still pretty fresh.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #2054 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg, rainy and crappy today. Fish are doing well although Hawkeye is not happy in the slightest, I can't be sure but looks like his fins are starting to melt....I've got to keep on with his baths although it's going to be difficult now that I've broken my foot >.>

I forgot to upload the two pictures from my cell when we first got there and the day we left! I love the mountains!

Same pic basically, moved over a little bit to the right though. The clouds looked like a avalanche slooooowwwwwlllly creeping down the mountains lol
Old 06-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #2055 
Fenghuang

Ouch! I'm sorry about your foot. :(

It looks like you had fun on your trip. Turtles are one of my favourite animals. Those are so cute.

It just started pouring and thundering here. There is a emergency flood warning in the area. Thankfully, the house is on a hill so even if it does flood, we don't have to worry too much.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #2056 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Feng! Thankfully it hasn't been too painful today especially considering how much I was walking on it yesterday at our annual Scottish Festival!

------------------------------------------------------------------
My apologies for my lack of activity lately, although there doesn't seem to be an awful lot going on on the forum lately either or I'm just not noticing it lol. I'm still sort of in vacation mode so I'm trying to soak up as much as I can before I go back to work tomorrow.

Did a water change on Hawkeye today, Steele in his 2.5 and the planted 1 gallon. Topped off the 20 long, 3 gallon Gourami tank and the 29 when I used that water for Hawkeye's change. Everyone is still doing well, Aero looks a little rough for his age but he's doing okay! Remmy has been pretty active as of late, not sure why but I'm all for it! He's still got the two little Celestial pearl Danios in with him and he hasn't minded them at all, they keep to theirselves and he keeps to his so it works out well enough ^_^

Tiger, Steele and the rest of the plants were supposed to go out before my vacation but the lady never got back to me so I hope everything is okay with her, got to check in since last I knew she was soon to be out of the hospital but wasn't sure exactly when so I've got to check on that.

I still have tons of water sprite left, most are small mother plants now if anyone is interested, flat rate envelope is 5.85 and each plant is 3-4 dollars depending on size, most of them will be 3 dollars though.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #2057 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Did a water change on the Vaillanti Gouramis 3 gallon..I'm wondering if I do have three girls, one is very dominant but she doesn't hurt them, just chases and shows off. They weren't happy that I sunk the oak leaves though, I'll have to gather some more to float again since they really enjoyed that! I fed bloodworms today and they were very cautious at first but once they gave a taste they went nuts for them!

My cup of bloodworms ended up on the floor when I tried to catch mama guppy >.< thank god they were frozen and not live worms lol, I was able to get them cleaned up since it's a hardwood floor (fake) but I was just like...Really??

I moved the guppy fry to Aero's side although some got through the divider to Isis and she was chasing like crazy! Aero tasted but didn't eat, Isis eventually gave up as well. I have this one half black blonde guppy who has a beautiful blue almost iridescence to his fins!! It was amazing! I hope he actually grows up! lol

Everyone is still alive and well although Hawkeye's back half is starting to become a little paralyzed like and I'm fighting with myself if I want to euthanize him or not, he's still eating well but his fins are deteriorating and nothing I'm doing seems to be helping! I even did a 50% change on him again today and added PP to his water, half dose since it's not a bath. I don't know what to do with him :-/ I guess I'll just let him be for a while and see if he gets any better....sigh.

Pics up next.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #2058 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aero's looking rough but still alive.

I have no idea what happened to his scales but when I came home he looked like he aged over night! Same thing that happened to Hawkeye :-/ his cyst doesn't look too bad though

I love that little face! He's so adorable!

Aero and Black Hawk

The little boy is doing fantastic!

Classic Isis pose ^_^

Waiting for her bloodworms

Happily fed but wishing for more

I love her fins!

Pierce is still not happy

I think this is one of the submissive ladies.

Dominant female

Dominant female on the right and male on the left....I think....

My 29 is a little over grown lol but I like it ^_^

Ember tetras eating bloodworms, the cories came out later to clean up that bottom!

Tiger has added some color!

That half black blonde in the middle is the one with the blue fins! He's beautiful!

Some snakeskins are coming out too like the one on the bottom right

Love their little faces!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #2059 
Sabina88

Sorry to hear about Hawkeye and Aero, fingers crossed that they will do well. How long have you had Hawkeye for?

Everybody looks amazing :) Im surprised Tiger got some red on him especialy that deep but I think it suites him. Both he and Blackhawk have come a long way in your care, good job with the both of them . I cant wait to see Blackhawk once his fins are completely grown back, I bet they will look amazing.

Your guppies are absolutely adorable. I love little baby fish faces. Do you think youll keep the half black blonde one?
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #2060 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Sabina! I was surprised too about Tiger but I agree, it does suit him well ^_^

I've had Hawkeye since last August, he was approximately four months old then but he was also not full grown because of unintentional lack of care from previous owner, that doesn't help his situation. He was still alive this morning when I left, but sleeping on his boat. It's actually adorable because he sleeps on the deck of the boat ornament and will rest under the sail part where there is a hole.

As for the guppies, I'm going to be giving all those babies to my LFS along with mama guppy, the other stray guppy who is practically all colorless (I dislike colorless females) and the Tiger Endler if no one wants him. I've enjoyed the guppies while I've had them but I would rather not have to focus on them so much. The snakeskin pair I will attempt to sell on ebay/aquabid for a good price since they are show quality, the male looks absolutely beautiful now! I'll have to snag some pictures ^_^

Apparently we've got a Fish Society meeting tomorrow night, not sure which fish to bring along! I'd bring a Gourami but they don't look so nice stressed out :-/ maybe I still will though just because they aren't your usual fish. I was going to bring Dario but it seems many other people in the Society also have Dario Dario so that's not so exciting. So yeah, I'll probably bring a Gourami then.