Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #11 
anglnarnld

Lion Mom would you suggest to ship it?? Because everytime I look it up, it says it isnt in stock at my store... Did you ship it to your house??
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #12 
puppyrjjkm

Do you like that tank better than this? I have one of these, but may be looking for another 5 gal...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...ndingMethod=rr
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #13 
anglnarnld

Nah, too much and it looks to small, and it comes with stuff I dont need.. And yeah thats a different one
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #14 
Alex09

I may get one of those tanks. The cool thing about the tetra tank is that its glass. Does acrylic scratch easily?
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #15 
emeltee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
I love that tank too - just set up my second one today!

Would LOVE to get more, but those darn bills eat the money!!!
Hey - how did you get yours so quickly? Supposedly mine is coming tomorrow <sigh>.

I have the Tetra - but I am not impressed since the lid is warped. Hoping that the Hawkeye will be a better investment (and it's $5 cheaper to boot.)
emeltee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #16 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
Lion Mom would you suggest to ship it?? Because everytime I look it up, it says it isnt in stock at my store... Did you ship it to your house??
Yes, I would suggest you just get it shipped to your home - it's free shipping after all!!! That is what I did - had it shipped here to my house. TBH, if I could not have had it shipped here, I would not have purchased it since I would have had to go 60 miles round trip to get it - I live in a VERY rural community!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #17 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyrjjkm View Post
Do you like that tank better than this? I have one of these, but may be looking for another 5 gal...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...ndingMethod=rr

Yes, I like the Hawkeye better than the Tetra. For one thing, I like the looks of the tank better and, for another, the Tetra comes with an incandescent bulb which I replaced with a compact fluorescent so it was even MORE expensive in the end. Granted, the Tetra is glass, but with care the acrylic is very nice, IMO.

The acrylic WILL scratch easier, of course, but no problems as long as you avoid using paper towel on it. Invest a couple beans & get a scrubber made for acrylic & no problems!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #18 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
Hey - how did you get yours so quickly? Supposedly mine is coming tomorrow <sigh>.

I have the Tetra - but I am not impressed since the lid is warped. Hoping that the Hawkeye will be a better investment (and it's $5 cheaper to boot.)
No idea - it just came when it came (this past Saturday).

No problems with my Tetra hood - hmmmm. Maybe you should call them and let them know about the warping? Did it come that way or did it happen because of the incandescent bulb giving up too much heat?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #19 
emeltee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
No problems with my Tetra hood - hmmmm. Maybe you should call them and let them know about the warping? Did it come that way or did it happen because of the incandescent bulb giving up too much heat?
Came this way. If I like the Hawkeye better, the tetra is going back (well, even if I don't like it better, it's going back for an exchange at least.)
emeltee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #20 
LisaC144

Here's my 5g betta tank
Attached Images

LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote