Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #71 
Sabina88

Thank you both ,
Yah 7 is a bit overwhelming. But once i ship my molly fry i can cut back my tanks to 5.

Ill have to look up that song DaytonBetta
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #72 
Sabina88

First ill start of with a quick fish update. Theres not much for this one, other then tonight ive done 3 water changes of my 7 tanks that are running. I plan on also doing my 50 gallon goldfish tank tonight too. Other then that everybody is doing well.

Now on to the main part of this post. As I said in a above I wanted to take some photos of my art that ive done in the past. Since I was feeling a bit nostalgic I decided to pick my favorites and take some photos. All of these are stuff that ive done for art classes through highschool so far. Unfortunetly my camera wasn't my friend and a lot of the pics arent great. Probably because yet again I decided to take photos when its dark out so the glare of the light caught on just about everything sigh :p . Well hear goes..., hope you like it

This is from my sophomore year in Graphic Arts 1. I do have a couple of other ones that I did but their not my favorite since I was still learning a lot in photo shop. This one is I think the first one I ever did that I really took my time on and did lots of layers. Its also my favorite poster that ive ever done.
Name:  Rose butterfly.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  57.9 KB

And this is my basket I weaved sophomore year for Design And Product For The Artisan
Name:  Basket.jpg
Size:  46.1 KB

Next onto all of my stuff so far from junior year:
Ill start with Graphic Arts 2-

Name:  Butterfly.jpg
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  Planet.jpg
Size:  62.6 KB

Next up is 2-D Art-

I did this for our portrait drawing assignment of Ksenia Solo. Unfortunetly im horrible at shading so a lot of it looks the same color and the camera washed some of the color out so that didn't help , but I hope you like it anyways
Name:  Ksenia Solo.jpg
Size:  40.0 KB

This is my finale that I drew for the class.
Name:  Beach.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  60.0 KB

My stuff from Ceramics-

For our first real assignment we had to make whistles then decorate them to look like things. I did a jelly fish for my first one then since I had time I made another one and decided to make a calico telescope fancy goldfish.
Name:  Fish whistle.jpg
Size:  34.5 KB

The next big project we had was to make something out of slabs. Since I couldn't come up with anything I decided to make a vase. Unfortuently the camera doesn't make it look great. It glared a lot of the brown color on to the blue and dulled a lot of the colors . But here's what it looks like
Name:  City vase.jpg
Size:  24.1 KB

The second big assignment was to make something with coils. I chose to make a vase again since I couldn't think of anything else to do.
Name:  Rose Vase.jpg
Size:  42.9 KB

Just a close up of one of the roses
Name:  Rose.jpg
Size:  36.9 KB

Our final big assignment for the class was to make a hollowed out form. Since I like dragons I decided to try to make one.
Name:  Dragon.jpg
Size:  50.2 KB

And finally a couple of stuff from Drawing and Painting-

This one I did for our high contrast assignment. If you cant tell its Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. Im not really sure why but the camera made it look like baby blue instead of the green Caribbeanish aquaish color that it actually is
Name:  Johnny Depp.jpg
Size:  46.1 KB

And finally my last photo of art is my surrealism project, its actually one of my favorite things that ive made all year
Name:  Surellism.jpg
Size:  65.8 KB

Last edited by Sabina88; 06-11-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #73 
BettaLover1313

Wow! You're very talented!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #74 
Sabina88

Thank you very much BettaLover1313
Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #75 
myprince

Talking Hey!!

Hey Sabina88! Haven't spoken to you in a while. I updated Prince's journal. You should check out the new pictures I have put up of him! You'd be surprised how much of his colors are showing! I'm loving Adamantium, beautiful!
Anyways, was great catching up on your journal.
Hope everything is well!
- myprince
myprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #76 
Sabina88

lol long time no see
Ill deffinitly go check out the journal, im excited to see how he turned out.

Every thing is going well, thanks for asking. I cant wait for summer, 1 more day of school left then finals.

Im really surprised at how much red Adamantium has gotten I thought he would just stay that white. Im kinda glad he didn't though, I think the red suits him :)
Old 06-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #77 
Sabina88

Im a bit annoyed with petco.
I went to petco today not looking for anything specific and decided to get some more mystery snails. I got a golden one since It was active and sliding? on the glass at the store. I also got a ivory one since it was one of the more whiter ones that ive seen of them.
So after a bit more shopping I got home and opened up the bag to put them in a container to let them acclimate/float in a container instead of the bag. Even when the bag wasn't fully opened I could smell something bad. Having experience the not so lovely smell of a dead mystery snail I immediately assumed that one of them had died. Opening up the bag did not help the smell at all. I lifted up the ivory one since it was the most likely candidate since the other one was stuck to the bag and had been moving around. The ivory snail smelled horrible, my guess is that it had died at the store since it hadn't moved or opened its shell the entire time that we were out. The person who gave me the snail probably didn't know because it hadn't been dead enough to smell it easily from afar. But it was deffinitly dead long enough to foul up the water in the bag. I feel bad for the golden snail I bought but especialy for the other fish and snails in the tank the white one came from. If that one was dead im sure out of the 3(maybe more) snails in there at least a few other ones must be dead. That tank must be horrible to live in.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #78 
FishWhisperer

Ouch. I like dragons too! Your rescue idea is amazing!
FishWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #79 
Sabina88

Thank you very much :) I really hope the rescue thing works, but its going to take a bit before I have room. Im still a bit nervous about shipping though, but ill get the experience before hand with shipping my molly babies so hopefully that works out well to.

We were thinking of returning the dead snail and getting a refund but I asked my mom and since it was only $2 it wasn't worth it.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #80 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
They are all looking amazingly. If it was possible to have to many beautiful fish, you would have maxed out by now
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote