Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 AM   #1 
ejcapulet

Planning a perfect aquarium

I need some help deciding how to arrange and stock a tank. Since I live in China, I really can't have the sort of tank that I really want, I have a smallish one that I inherited from a friend (it's been through the ringer; the light doesn't work anymore and I've had to change the filter pump as well as the thermostat). I'm thinking of moving back home to the US this year and I've already worked out how to move my beloved fish. But moving back means I now get the chance to set up a tank I really want!

My darling Renoir (a dark blue male betta) has shown me the light and I'm hooked on bettas. He's going to get his own 2-gallon globe tank (already found the perfect one online, I even picked out the substrate - pure white). So here's the thing: I really, really want a sorority of female bettas in a 30 to 50 gallon (still deciding on the size) community tank. So how do I pull it off? What other kinds of fish can go with them? How many are most compatible? And what sorts of decor and plants will make everyone the happiest? I'd love to have zebra snails (I can't stand ghost shrimp), but Renoir is notorious for eating the pest variety of snails, but are zebra snails less easy to victimize?

Anyway, that's my dilemma. I want to start planning now so that in a few months I can get everything together and have it up and going.
ejcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote