Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #1 
Fishbowl

Angry Venting About Betta Pokers!

This my be off topic but I have to say it somewhere!
A while back I was wandering around Petco looking at plants aand Bettas. And I get back to the far cornner of the fish section where the Bettas are. And there are these three about 13 year old boys with open Betta cups poking the fish, pulling on their fins, and pulling them out of the water!! The employ I had been talking to about plants saw them the same time I did (He's a friend of mine and about 6,6'' and really fit. And I'm a fit 5,8'' myself) We went over and in combination scared these three and ejected them from the store, where they were picked up by the local cops and some very unhappy parents.
Most of the fish survied (My freind bought them all and a massive aquarium, the surviers are now quite happy in a divided aquarium at his house) But sadly two out of the seven did not make it.
Even through it didn't end as badly as it could have and the boys in question got thier's I'm still angery about it.
Has anyone else ever encountered anything like this?
Fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #2 
ReyesBetta

Yeah at my Petsmart theres some jerk kids my age who do the same thing. They always get kicked out. I know the lady at the Exotic pet section and next time we're gonna call the cops.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #3 
naturegirl243

Wow thats awful the worst is my meijer no one seems to bother the bettas at the petstores around here.but the teenagers(I call them the teenagers even though I am a 17 and count as one but don't act like one)that go to meijer late at night are always poking at the fish not so much that they take the lid off just mess with them through the cups and put them super close to each other.I alsways separate them and give them enough space so they are not stressed cause there is always plenty of room they don't overstock bettas just take crappy care of them *sighs*.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

This is just sickening What happens to them!!! it is just because they can breath air and they are not in a tank and they are in a bowl and just an easy target!! ughhh!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:33 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

Seriously. >.< These are living things. You wouldn't go up to a dog and pull its tail would you? No. I'm the same age; I can't believe someone would do this sort of thing...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #6 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
This is just sickening What happens to them!!! it is just because they can breath air and they are not in a tank and they are in a bowl and just an easy target!! ughhh!!
I know! The kids always walk past them then they see them and turn around and mess with them(I shop late at night cause it is less busy)I am pretty sure meijer just throws there dead fish in the trash can too cause it smelled so bad the other day.It makes me ashammed to be a teenager when most of them in this town are so heartless.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:40 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl243 View Post
I know! The kids always walk past them then they see them and turn around and mess with them(I shop late at night cause it is less busy)I am pretty sure meijer just throws there dead fish in the trash can too cause it smelled so bad the other day.It makes me ashammed to be a teenager when most of them in this town are so heartless.
and lots of adults think that just because they see one "kid" or "teenager" do it they expect that we are all that way and will all eventually do it.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:44 PM   #8 
Alex09

I once saw two male bettas in a cup at walmart once. One of them was dead :( No doubt this was a result of stupid person(s) who thought it would be cool to see them fight.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #9 
naturegirl243

I know people think I know nothing about bettas when I am looking at them.When I got Diego sombody said he looked like he had a fungus I was like "um no he is called a dragon" and the guy told me twice(since I got him and another one at the same time) that they can not live together I was like I know I have 3 at home.at least he did not tell me they could live together.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl243 View Post
I know people think I know nothing about bettas when I am looking at them.When I got Diego sombody said he looked like he had a fungus I was like "um no he is called a dragon" and the guy told me twice(since I got him and another one at the same time) that they can not live together I was like I know I have 3 at home.at least he did not tell me they could live together.
At least the He was informed enough to actually know they cant live together.