Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #11 
vaygirl

Ghost Shrimp are COOL! I love mine. And your tank looks like there are plenty of hidey spaces for them. And they're cheap. Mine were 33 cents each. Poor things.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #12 
Jupiter

I love ghost shrimp as well. They're such little characters and fun to watch.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #13 
lavallin

I have 2 dwarf frogs (Louis and Molly, both male) living with one of my betta fish (David) in a 5gal tank. They get along fine - David doesn't bully them, but he seems quite interested in them. When the frogs are relaxed, they float near the surface and David often hangs out right next to them... so cute! As for the frogs, they rarely notice the fish - they really only notice each other during feeding time!

Feeding is a little tricky - David likes catching ALL of the bloodworms before they hit the bottom.. so I either float him while they eat or distract him with food.

I love my frogs! They are adorable and so fun to watch.
lavallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #14 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I had two of the ADF's in my 5 gal. but my betta ate all of their food. I switched them into a 2.5 gal. tank with another betta and could not control the ammonia levels.

It sounds like you have a great size tank to try a few of them in. I would feed the betta and while he's distracted, sink a few frog pellets. I didn't have an issue with the second tank as far as feeding because that betta wasn't such a hog.

Good luck.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:46 AM   #15 
kimotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavallin View Post

Feeding is a little tricky - David likes catching ALL of the bloodworms before they hit the bottom.. so I either float him while they eat or distract him with food.
What does this mean to "float" the fish? Does it mean keeping him in a net while the frogs eat?

I still need to remove the betta and put him in a temp tank when feeding my frogs. I still need to find the best way to feed both of them without having to remove either or divide the tank.
kimotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #16 
Sarada

I had the same problem feeding my cories, i was told to try to feed them an hour after dark...
I never tried it though, I ended up separating them.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #17 
betta99

african dwarf frogs are normally good with bettas, but sometimes it depends on the fish. they will eat any type of sinkng fish food and most live foods. they like being in groups so u should probably get two or three
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #18 
FuulieQ

Short answer: it depends on your betta's personality. Try it, see if it works, have a backup plan in case Blueberry decides he doesn't like company. That's what I had to do with Freedy.

Dwarf frogs most enjoy bloodworms and HBH frog and tadpole bites. I would hesitate to feed them fish food because of possible intestinal blockage and nutritional differences. They do tolerate the same temperatures as bettas, so that isn't an issue.

If you have any other questions, just ask. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #19 
zelilaa

what exactly do you feed them because all my blood worms float... and they eat food off the ground so...?
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #20 
FuulieQ

Frozen bloodworms shouldn't float. They do love those.

I feed mostly HBH frog and tadpole bites. They learnt to eat them and enjoy it. >:l

I've heard of dwarf frogs being fed all kinds of things, though. when they're small, brine shrimp.... bigger ones people give them fish... not sure if you have to cook it first, so I wouldn't do that. But yeah. HBH is good.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote