Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 AM   #31 
naturegirl243

Pet stores need more fish people working in them that actually know what they are doing.I wish I could work at a petco or petsmart but you have to be 18.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #32 
bettalover2033

Wow it really is sickning how selfish people ccan be!!!

Dont you think purplemuffin!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #33 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Woohoo!! You'll be one of the few pet-educated people working at a petco! I'm sure you'll do great! :)
Thanks :) Almost every employee at PetsMart has bred bettas so I wouldn't feel special there lol. My PetCos feed their bettas every other day and change water every day.....kinda like me except they get paid for it lol.
Do you seriously have to be 18? Dang :(

Last edited by MrVampire181; 08-31-2010 at 01:08 AM.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #34 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
That is sad.

As for fish, i'm gonna try to get a job at PetCo next summer. Their fish department has greatly improved and I want to help even further with bettas especially.
but your too young to work there arent you how can you get a job there? im looking forward to getting a job to deal with animals (preferably fish)
Old 08-31-2010, 01:12 AM   #35 
purplemuffin

bettalover, it drives me crazy!! I just reread the stats again..19 bucks a month...228 dollars, of that you REALLY donated...$1.03! Woo?

mrvamp, I hope you have a blast working there!! I don't know how well our petco cares for bettas, they always seem sad and cold but their water is very clean! I don't think I've seen a dead betta in the store, so either they are sold too fast or they seem to do ok!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 AM   #36 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
bettalover, it drives me crazy!! I just reread the stats again..19 bucks a month...228 dollars, of that you REALLY donated...$1.03! Woo?

mrvamp, I hope you have a blast working there!! I don't know how well our petco cares for bettas, they always seem sad and cold but their water is very clean! I don't think I've seen a dead betta in the store, so either they are sold too fast or they seem to do ok!
My PetCo went from 10 dead bettas per week to 0 dead or sick bettas. I've witnessed cleanings of cups as well so I know they're gettin a lot of angry betta lovers in jeje.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 AM   #37 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
My PetCo went from 10 dead bettas per week to 0 dead or sick bettas. I've witnessed cleanings of cups as well so I know they're gettin a lot of angry betta lovers in jeje.
Thats Perfect!! Wow they really are trying to step it up!:) good to hear some good news about these wonderful fish!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #38 
MustardGas

Our bettas could use an upgrade :/ I work at PetSmart and out care isn't THAT bad, but it could be better. Water gets changed 3x per week and we actually get bettas that come in with fin rot. We have a secret hospital tank (filter/heater/salt) for the bettas set up in the back. We're actually only supposed to have one 20 gallon to treat all sick fish (so if we have a sick oscar and a sick neon the neon doesn't stand a chance) but we have 4 :P

I got hired when I was 16, right before they changed the age to 17. I'm 18 now and still trying to educate people. I feel like a broken record ):

I'm trying to convince my manager to ask his boss if we can try to create a betta barracks with heated/filtered water being filtered through. He hasn't responded back yet (I sent him a message on facebook :P)

Ever since I started working there (EXACTLY 2 years ago to the day) I've donated $2 per paycheque (bi-weekly) to PAUSE (PetSmart Associates United to Stop Euthanasia) so that's about $100 so far. Hmm, could be better now that I think of it.. I might bump it up to $5. (I don't even notice the money being gone)
MustardGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

Cool!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #40 
purplemuffin

Sigh, at least the fish section CAN be upgraded...even if the employees know how to care for reptiles, they are given 'rules' and cannot break those rules or risk being fired. They put animals on sand that should be on reptile carpet, put iguanas in tiny cages, and put tons of animals together(I see so many bearded dragons with missing toes, feet, or tails from fights.. They put 6 in a space too small for even 1!) But at least if someone is knowledgeable about them, they can tell the new owners 'PLEASE DON'T HOUSE THEM LIKE WE DO!'
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote