Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

Trans Shipper Problem's Beware (Must Read)

Everything that I will write on this thread is fact I have every email between me and this person.
The name is "Pegasus" in Miami FL he is a trans shipper for aquabid...

So this all started a month ago, I have been buying really nice fish to get a nice line going, and I have even posted some of the fish and had some on my avatar. Anyway 1 month ago I ordered a pair from aquastar71 on AB, The fish went out to pegasus on friday, we contacted each other and exchanged some email's. I ended up paying for the 32.00 express shipping when I only had to pay for 18.00 ups shipping because we are so close it will still get here the next day... When I asked him about refunding the difference, he said yeah that's know problem. So the pair got to me on tuesday right on time everything looking good, I took pictures just like the DOA rule's state too, and I floated each fish in a 5 gallon cycled tank for 15 minutes. I released each fish and left them alone to relax, knowing they just got shipped around the world. So later that day I went to check out my new thailand betta pair and right away I could tell something was wrong with the male, so from tuesday to sunday I stayed in contact with the breeder aquastar71, exchanging emails and send him pictures Testing the water giving the fish medications. On sunday that made it a week and aquastar said he was sending a replacement fish, so I was like that's awesome,
In the mean time I spawned the female from the pair to a male I have. And this is where is get's a little sticky, I looked on my paypal account and I dont see know money refunded from the trans shipper, so I call him and he says yes I know who you are, I asked if he gave me the refund yet and he said, "Oh im so sorry I forgot and got busy".. So I told him dont worry about it now becasuse I have a replacement betta coming and im going to put the 14.00 refund toward's shipping on the replacement fish. But for that whole week when I was talking with aquastar about my sick fish, the trans shipper did not know the fish was sick he did not know I was getting a replacement, so that money should have been refunded, also he made me send him the email's from a week ago between me and him where he had stated he owed me a 14.00 dollar credit.? He made me jump threw hoop's and send him the old email's I thought he was a trans shipper I thought he is running a business. He is supposed to be on top of these things is the way I feel. When your just messing around with your fish you need to do thing's right, but when your messing with someone else is fish that they just spent almost 95.00 with all fee's and shipping and price of fish. Now your messing with someone's money someone's animals, so it's time to step up and do thing's more than right you need to do them perfect. Double check everything make sure everything and everyone is happy and taken care of.
But this is not what happen in my case, not only did I not get my refund which I ended up putting toward's the shipping of the replacement fish which is not that big of a deal, But this is. When the replacement fish came to him on friday just like last time, I wait to hear from him saturday to hear about fish and find out total on shipping. But I dont hear anything from him, Not even on sunday. So monday A.M I call him and he answers, I ask him, what's going on? he say's he had some thing's come up. So now im thinking well I hope the fish are not suffering because you are busy doing something. And then the fish come's in on tuesday right on time, He is in a 6 inch by 6 inch box with foam walls,BUT NO PACKING WITH HIM JUST A FISH IN A BAG GETTING FLOPPED AROUND EVERY WHERE!!! And the only thing that laid in the box with the fish was the trans shipper's shinny little business card but know penut packing or bubble wrap, nothing.. I was so upset, This fish has been threw UPS shipping and on there truck with every turn made the fish goes flopping around. So not only is it black not only is it hot but he is getting turned this way and that way, hit up against the wall's. And then when I asked (Pegasus) the trans shipper about it he say's "If I did leave it out I am sorry"..... Wait what does he mean if he did leave it out like im just making this shhh up I mean come on guy...
He never asked me how the fish was doing, Is he okay nothing. He said sorry for being human, Like he was trying to be a smart aleck to.

Anyway I just wanted everyone to beaware of how thing's are run over there at his place. Im not saying I wouln't ever use him again, I just think thing's could be done a little different...

I just wanted to share my experience with everyone hope it can help some be more aware...

Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-05-2010 at 12:44 PM.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #2 
ReyesBetta

Wow, thanks if I ever buy from AB I'll definately be careful.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #3 
JamieTron

he sounds like a nutcase...wow
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Pegasus is disabled from what I've heard and lives alone. I've also heard that he had been having problems so what he says could be very true. That doesn't excuse improper packing but I wouldn't jump so far as to say it was done maliciously.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #5 
MrVampire181

That's terrible!!!!!!!!! Uggg!!! That makes me mad!! This is why I only buy fish from american breeders.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote